• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC motorcycle ride

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Hello All,

I am a Missouri resident living in St Louis Co. I have been doing research on the OC rules and such for the last 2 months or so and am planning ondoing an OC motorcycle ride within the next couple of months. I have gathered from info here and other sources the list of municipalities that have anti-OC laws and will be starting outside StLouis Co. andberidingaway from any towns with anti-OC laws. I will be doing my best to memorize the exact wording and title to laws pertaining to my rights and will be carrying printed copies of said laws.

What I would like get is the names of a couple of lawyers(preferably familiar withthe laws involving OC) in my areathat I could haveready to call upon should I need help with an illegal seizure of my fire arm or police harassment over my expressing of my civil rights.

Thanks

Doc

cash50

imported post

Sounds like a good idea, just make sure to map out your route, and make sure you won't be breaking any laws. That would suck to lose your gun and get arrested because you didn't know OC wasn't legal in whatever town.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the attorney thing. Please be VERY careful about your route though. IIRC the case law upholding municipal OC bans, which originated with a traffic stop in Cape Girardeau, was all because of OC on a motorcycle. I wish you the best. I wouldn't be gutsy enough to try it in MO.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Iam planning my run to go to the northwest of St Louis Co. The only up to date info on anti-OC towns chart was done by one of the members here I believe. Here it is. [url]http://www.natesit.com/oc/mooc.htm[/url] I am taking my CCW class on the 14th and will be getting a license to add a 2nd layer of protectionfrom legal action against me and an option to cover up when going near anti-OC towns. If all go's well I will do a video like the one I did last summer which was just kind of a ride agenda video. You can see that here. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7iYrofrA7Q[/url]

After getting my CCW finished alawyer is the only thing I really need to get into place to be ready.

Doc

Article1section23

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
Iam planning my run to go to the northwest of St Louis Co. The only up to date info on anti-OC towns chart was done by one of the members here I believe. Here it is. [url]http://www.natesit.com/oc/mooc.htm[/url] I am taking my CCW class on the 14th and will be getting a license to add a 2nd layer of protectionfrom legal action against me and an option to cover up when going near anti-OC towns. If all go's well I will do a video like the one I did last summer which was just kind of a ride agenda video. You can see that here. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7iYrofrA7Q[/url]

After getting my CCW finished alawyer is the only thing I really need to get into place to be ready.

Doc

Sohigh,

Video was neat. I've been all over those same places (21 is a great ride). Not sure what type of bike you've got? I use to have a Virago 1100. Good luck with your trip, makes me wish I still had my bike.Let us know how it goes!