Thread: London Times Online - Gun owners in the US wear weapons to Starbucks

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7052579.ece

SNIP

Last Thursday morning Jim Snyder walked into a Starbucks branch in Virginia and ordered a tall hot chocolate without cream. On his left hip was his mobile phone. On his right hip was a semi-automatic Browning pistol.

The coffee bar was busy with customers, including a group of mothers with children in pushchairs. Nobody blinked an eyelid.

. . .

Post imported post

"Instead, Obama has signed bills allowing guns to be carried on trains and in national parks. “He’s signed a couple of pieces of legislation that weakened the few gun laws on the books,” said Paul Helmke, president of the pro-gun control Brady campaign."

The few gun laws? Helmke either has a strange personal way of defining the word "few" or he has some very old books.

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Define irony:
    Commentary from a country whose oppression of our country spawned the very amendment giving rise to the present discussion on the topic on which they feel they need to give their opinion.

By the same reasoning we should then turn to China for advice on the first amendment.

Post imported post

I do also find it ironic that a paper that writes for a people that SCREAMED and BEGGED to be disarmed by their oppressors wants us to do the same.

How's the violent crime rate there in the U.K.? I hear that even though the nanny-statists there have done everything to disarm their subjects, gun crime is rampant.

Nearly as bad as our judges here looking at rulings from other countries for context, businesses here should not be accepting crticism about exercising the rights our founding fathers fought for with their lives from the very empire that still wishes to subjugate the masses.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

I read this paper and the Spectator and I find neither one demanding we become like them and they don't like what the liberals have let the anti-gunners and the Muslim radicals do to them. It's akin to blaming all the blue collar workers in San Francisco and Seattle for what the fruit loops have done to them. Or how we let the Carter, then Clinton and now the Alien Resident in Chief do to us.

I have some friends over there and they don't like what has happened at all. Just like us regular people from Illinois and Wisconsin don't like a few top political rascals and their hysteria brigade stomping on the second amendment. Just need to keep working, keep talking it up and keep voting till it gets better. You gotta believe man.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

Come on now, the President arguably is responsible for MORE guns being in the hands of honest Americans. 'Salesman of the Year', right?
    I don't like his politics, but, indirectly, he's done good for 2A. I believe he will not touch gun issues in the three and a half years he has left.
    Rich Keagy
    www.esmeralda.cc

Post imported post

Thats right there are only 20,000 laws on the books but that is not enough, we need more laws that serve no purpose at all. We need to send the anti-gun Brady Babbies over to China where their freedom of speech, to gather and breathe are not allowed.

Post imported post

Right when I went to reply to a comment the page 404'd on me, so I'll respond on here so I don't lose my words

Mark Smithard wrote:
    I have no problem with people carrying guns. But I do have a problem when these self same people bitch and moan about Columbine, Fort Hood, etc. etc.
    Choices have consequences. Live by the sword - die by the sword. The consequence of allowing all and sundry to openly carry guns is the risk of eveyone from general public to police officers being shot by nutters. SO, go ahead, have everyone be able to carry guns, but please at the same time stop fussing and bothering when the predictable happens and innocent people get killed.

aren't all the places that he's listed as us gun owners bitching and moaning about specifically "gun free zones?" I suppose he's right though, live by banning guns in all areas die by no guns in those areas... wait... that doesn't sound right, oh well.

Post imported post

Diesel-n-Lead wrote:
    Define irony:
    Commentary from a country whose oppression of our country spawned the very amendment giving rise to the present discussion on the topic on which they feel they need to give their opinion.

By the same reasoning we should then turn to China for advice on the first amendment.
    The irony has almost as many levels as the lies they spread...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.