• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbuck’s Employees Just Got a Bonus!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-si...-piazza-starbucks-employees-just-got-a-bonus/

Evidently some whining handwringers saw customers of Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee and California Pizza Kitchen openly carrying handguns and alerted the two organizations that violent criminals love most–Handgun Control Inc. and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence–to do something about it.
You know the drill… Sarah Brady types parade a bunch of kids around, pull exaggerated and unrelated gun death statistics out of thin air and claim if guns are allowed in coffee shops people will start killing each other over who was in line first for a cup of java!
These unenlightened gun-ban advocates do nothing other than create more “disarmed victim zones” for criminals and terrorists to gleefully attack without resistance.
Well, Peet’s Coffee and the California Pizza Kitchen refused to recognize local, state, federal and historical statistics that prove arming citizens actually deters violent crime. Instead, they were suckered into banning guns in their establishments. Too bad for them. I’m sure millions of gun owners have already found safer places to drink coffee and eat pizza.
Starbucks on the other hand, made a rational, logical and well researched decision to allow guns in their establishments. As a result, I’m sure Starbucks will see a significant increase in their business and I am giving every employee of Starbucks a nice bonus in anticipation of their increased work load!
That’s right.
(Insert 2 King 5 videos here - one of Deros)
Again, congratulations to the Starbucks organization for making the wise and rational decision to uphold law abiding citizens’ right to carry a firearm. The country is truly safer when law abiding citizens are armed in public places. To thank the Starbucks’ organization for setting a stellar example of proper corporate policy, I will provide a $2,000 bonus to every Starbucks’ employee in the form of a Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course.
All a Starbucks’ employee has to do is select a Four Day Defensive Handgun Course date in 2010 from our website course schedule at www.frontsight.com and complete the Course Application. (We run the courses almost every weekend except during July and August.) After completing the Course Application, attach a copy of a current Starbucks paystub to the application instead of the $2,000 course fee and mail the completed application so we receive it at least two weeks before the course date.
We will then place you in the course and e-mail your course confirmation materials.
I look forward to training the entire Starbucks organization to a level of skill with a handgun that exceeds law enforcement and military standards. (Then Starbucks really could change their logo to an armed Mermaid!)
And if you are not a Starbucks employee, don’t despair. You can receive an amazing opportunity when you take advantage of the Greatest Course, Gun, and CCW Permit Offer in the firearms training industry. You will receive training that exceeds law enforcement and military standards without any boot camp mentality or drill instructor attitudes.
See this link:https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp
I post a different article on this blog each Monday so I look forward to your visit every week.
If you have an interesting photo, story or tip about a relevant topic of interest to gun ownership, firearms training or Second Amendment issues, please feel free to send it to me at:
info@frontsight.com or
Ignatius@frontsight.com
If you don’t yet have a gun, then get a Springfield Armory XD Pistol at no charge when you take advantage of the Greatest Course, Gun, and CCW Permit Offer in the firearms training industry see this link: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp
See you next week.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I saw this last night and was going to post, but since Front Sight is in CA, I refrained.

I am curious.....ARE THERE ANY STARBUCKS EMPLOYEES lurking on open carry? Care to share your thoughts?

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

So I saw this report on King 5 News with the quote from Starbucks stating "We are not about to instruct our employees to interfere with our customers legal right to open carry. If we started turning away people who carry guns, we'd be turning away law abiding citizens and that is not a precedent we would like to set." Paraphrased of course, but close to their quote.

I'm very excited to see them weather the storm from the gun-grabber extremists who use scurrilous claims and "democratic" tactics to try and scare lawful businesses into listening to them, laws be damned. <segue begin> Yes, I hate democracy... it is a communistic tool. The only vote that we should have is for our direct representatives, and the only vote they have should be on trade issues. </segue end>

I've been going to my local Starbucks for nearly two years now and I open carry at least half the time... when I open carry, customers harass me and always ask me "What do you have to defend yourself from in here? Huh? Come on, there are kids here... no one is going to hurt you here... just get rid of your gun!" To which I reply "If I knew when and where bad things were going to happen, I wouldn't be talking to you right now!"

cdjspider

imported post

FlyerAce128 wrote:
So, um, who's ready to start some part time work at Starbucks??? I'd be a barista to get some good ol handgun training. Especially on my broke college student budget LOL
You were thinking that too huh?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

cdjspider wrote:
FlyerAce128 wrote:
So, um, who's ready to start some part time work at Starbucks??? I'd be a barista to get some good ol handgun training. Especially on my broke college student budget LOL
You were thinking that too huh?
Me too! 2 weeks of work with starbux and get me a frontsite course and a free XD!!!!

But on a more serious note, this guy is taking this too serious...starbux isn't running around going WE CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS, BLAH BLAH, they are just abiding by local state law...

I thought there was a sticky of businesses to patronize, and a business wouldn't go on the patronize part unless they specify stepped up and said they give a rats ass?? Or maybe I am just confused on this???

FunkTrooper

imported post

Yeah seriously, It's not that big of a deal the Brady Campaign is just trying to get some coverage because ever since the massive drop in crime they and there views are irrelevant.

midiwall

imported post

Side note..

The FrontSight dude has been talked about before, he's always looking for a new marketing angle. The last one that I knew of was him offering the same course to the Barista in eastern WA/Western ID that thwarted an attempted hold-up on New Years Eve.

ref:
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-si...natius-piazza-heres-to-the-coffee-girl/#video

The guy openly states that he's a millionaire (not sure what from) but try this.. hit google with "gun training" and note who comes up as the first hit. That's a paid-for feature of Google search.

It's a cool offer but take it as what it is - just another way for this guy to get his name in the press.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The FrontSight dude has been talked about before, he's always looking for a new marketing angle
I got an angle for him.... How about anyone from the Brady & Ceasefire campaign that signs up, gets training for free.....