• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good first UOC!

RMafera

imported post

So, I picked up my Ruger P95 yesterday and went to the range (I love that gun). Anyways, afterwards my girlfriend and I decided to go to Starbucks. I live in San Diego by the way. I went in and was talking to the barista who I happen to know from school for a while, got my coffee and then sat down. We were in there a good 45 minutes. Some people stared. One came up and asked me about my firearm.

Then a cop walked in...

He got his coffee and went to the condiment bar which was right next to me. He looked at my gun, then me, smiled and left. But then again I know him very well because I work for UCSD PD and talk to him all the time. I guess you wouldn't really call this a "LE encounter," but it was still cool.

Going out to study today at a coffee shop while OCing. I'll keep you guys updated!

coolusername2007

imported post

Very cool. The more people who open carry that LEO's know personally and professionally, the less they will giveus regular Joe law-abiding open carriers hassles. Thanks for sharing.

leoffensive

imported post

well this is good to hear.

a san diego guy whos not doing the stand down.

there are a few of us here in SD that would probably be up for some small group meets followed by trips to the range.

it sure would be nice to meet up with others here at home.

pullnshoot25

imported post

leoffensive wrote:

there are a few of us here in SD that would probably be up for some small group meets followed by trips to the range.

There is more than meets the eye.

Gundude

imported post

leoffensive wrote:

Standing up under my tinfoil hat!!!

coolusername2007

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:

Care to clue us in? Or are you just going to continue the cloak and dagger thing.

pullnshoot25

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:

Care to clue us in? Or are you just going to continue the cloak and dagger thing.
I can't really discuss it on here. Besides, daggers under cloaks are illegal :(

coolusername2007

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:

I can't really discuss it on here. Besides, daggers under cloaks are illegal :(
Must be UCSD PD thing, because other than that there's no detail in the OP.