• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you open carry, you MUST do this.

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

If you open carry in Alabama, you need the law on your side. I have every document you would need in case you get hassled. I have all the laws stock piled! When you open carry, hand these papers to any officer. Do you want them? Email me!!

EDIT:

To all those sending emails, thank you, but I have removed my email address. I underestimated how many people would reply and I just do not have the time to send out 20 and 30 emails everyday. Everytime I checked my email I had several requests. I recently moved and didn't have internet for almost 10 days so the requests we ungodly. I am sorry for this inconveniance.

-Tim

Maybe a banana dance will cheer you up! LOL:celebrate

Bhamrichard

imported post

Chances are the officer would say "Looks great, show'em to the judge".. Were he inclined to arrest you anyway.

Bhamrichard

imported post

Well. like i said "Were he inclined to arrest you".. I never said he could LEGALLY arrest someone for OC, cause he cant. But people are falsely arrested all the time and it's cleared up later. While some officers would be interested in seeing your materials, some would not. It just depends on the officer, and the circumstances.

In short, police officers are not attorney's or judges, they enforce the law, as their department tells them the law exists. I'm not sure you'll find many that want to see your opinions and printouts. As they say, "the side of the road is not a good place to play armchair attorney with the po po" :)

You always have the option, should an officer be violating your rights, to request a supervisor at the scene. Generally speaking, these tend to be the older/wiser/more experienced types, and may have a better understanding of the legal requirements.

Bhamrichard

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
The officer won't call his supervisor. If he is arresting you, he'll let you see him from a cell.
Probably not accurate. If your having problems with an officer, and you request a supervisor, they are supposed to attempt to get one at the scene. At least that's how it works in the city I live in, cause there is no supervisor at the city jail, the Sergent on duty is generally out in a car of his own.

Now in the the bigger cities like Birmingham, that may be the case.

TACMED

imported post

Why not meet and greet with your local LEO? most are usually good guys and some are "Like Minded". It never hurts to make friends out of them either way.

terminal.logic

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
Arrest me for what? Disorderly conduct? Yeah I have a print off of that as well. The for disorderly conduct states there must be INTINT for that charge. With that aside... what else can he arrest me for?

13A-11-7:

"(a) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:"

To commit the crime of D.C. one must either have (1) intent, or (2) recklessly create a risk thereof. Whether you meant to or not, you can still be arrested for conduct deemed disorderly according the the code.

terminal.logic

imported post

Bhamrichard wrote:
Probably not accurate. If your having problems with an officer, and you request a supervisor, they are supposed to attempt to get one at the scene.

If you request a supervisor, you're likely to be told to contact one yourself after the officer has finished his business. There's no requirement, save for individual dept. policy, that requires a supervisor handle complaints on scene. A complaint is best handled later, via IA, the court system, or a call to supervisors. Arguing on the side of the road is, in most all cases, a terrible idea.

Almtnman

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
If you open carry in Alabama, you need the law on your side. I have every document you would need in case you get hassled. I have all the laws stock piled! When you open carry, hand these papers to any officer. Do you want them? Email me!!

EDIT:

To all those sending emails, thank you, but I have removed my email address. I underestimated how many people would reply and I just do not have the time to send out 20 and 30 emails everyday. Everytime I checked my email I had several requests. I recently moved and didn't have internet for almost 10 days so the requests we ungodly.  I am sorry for this inconveniance.

-Tim

Maybe a banana dance will cheer you up! LOL:celebrate

Tim, if you can't answer all the emails and requests, do you think maybe you could put the files or documents on here so we can print them off?

BTW, I just found this site today and joined. It looks like a good place to obtain a lot of useful information.

Almtnman

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I could do that, but someone will need to tell me how to put pictures/files on here. LOL I haven't figured it out yet.

See the area below where you reply that has "Choose File", click on that and select the file of the document or picture that you want to attach with the post and see if that works.

DJDD

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I could do that, but someone will need to tell me how to put pictures/files on here. LOL I haven't figured it out yet.
Shoot em to me over the email list we set up and I'll host em somewhere so they are readily available to everyone.