• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restraurants

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

What is the laws regarding open carry and establishments that serve alcohol? Its illegal in establishments that are a class a correct?

Mlutz

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
so this would include Texas Roadhouse, Applebees etc?

Yes sir. If they sell alcohol for consumption on the premises, they have a class B. So, as MDH said, you would need permession from the owner. (I have heard managers can aslo give permission. Someone should be able to clear that up for both of us.) In the first post, youasked if a place with aclass alicense was off limits,it is not.

The below information is from http://www.revenue.wi.gov/faqs/ise/atlicns.html

[*]
Class "A" fermented malt beverage licenses allow retail sale of fermented malt beverages (beer) for consumption off the premises. Examples: grocery or convenience stores.

[*]
"Class A" liquor licenses allow retail sale of intoxicating liquor (including wine) for consumption off the premises. Examples: liquor stores or grocery stores with full liquor sales sections.

Mlutz

imported post

I guess I took a bit longer typing that than I thought. :(

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Mlutz wrote:
(I have heard managers can aslo give permission. Someone should be able to clear that up for both of us.)
premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has
been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:

(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if
authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or
manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B”
license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Well. I have been OC in a restuarant that holds a Class B license for several months now. No prior verbal consent. I just realized the last time I was there that the do infact sell bottled beer. The host has seen my sidearm several times and every wait staff looks at it as well, along with numerous customers.

The question is, do I stop now?