• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay Area Open Carry NEXT MONTHLY MEETING! Vallejo 04/03/2010

brad9point0

imported post

This is going to be BIG! We want 200+ for a good family style BBQ. Burgers and hotdogs and all the fixin's

The location is right near downtown. The farmers market should also be going on as well. So plan to stock up on some good local fruits and veggies!

Stay tuned for the exact location to be announced the week prior.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or what to RSVP or volunteer.

Lets make this the biggest UOC event in California EVER!

Gundude

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
This is going to be BIG! We want 200+ for a good family style BBQ. Burgers and hotdogs and all the fixin's

The location is right near downtown. The farmers market should also be going on as well. So plan to stock up on some good local fruits and veggies!

Stay tuned for the exact location to be announced the week prior.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or what to RSVP or volunteer.

Lets make this the biggest UOC event in California EVER!
I can see the Brady bunch, firing up google earth, looking up all the BBQ places in Valejo. :what:

brad9point0

imported post

Its gonna be outside :celebrate no one to complain to! They can pound sand! :D

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Makes the most sense!

I call soda.

EDIT: Balls, I forgot, theres going to be a bunch of organized UC/CSU budget protests on the 3rd...or is it the4th?

brad9point0

imported post

We are planning on a general BBQ, burgers and hot dogs and the other standards. asking for a $5.00 donation. any leftover $ will be donated to either an UOC charity or a local youth charity. Vallejo NEEEEDS a lot for the local kids so I think that may be the best way to go. After covering cost a nice donation could be made, which will also make us look good :D lol thats not the point but its an added bonus.

:celebrate

heliopolissolutions

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
We are planning on a general BBQ, burgers and hot dogs and the other standards. asking for a $5.00 donation. any leftover $ will be donated to either an UOC charity or a local youth charity. Vallejo NEEEEDS a lot for the local kids so I think that may be the best way to go. After covering cost a nice donation could be made, which will also make us look good :D lol thats not the point but its an added bonus.

:celebrate
I'm not a PR master, but hell, I'd say open with that if/when the MSM comes knocking.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
How come nobody, that I know of, organized a UOC protest in EAST Palo Alto? Or was the Palo Alto meetup it?

*shrug*

It seems like people started shying away from the issue after someone starting saying that we were 'waiting' for some response to some request or questions Gene Hoffman at CG was directing,

Not entirely sure then.

coolusername2007

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
How come nobody, that I know of, organized a UOC protest in EAST Palo Alto? Or was the Palo Alto meetup it?

*shrug*

It seems like people started shying away from the issue after someone starting saying that we were 'waiting' for some response to some request or questions Gene Hoffman at CG was directing,

Not entirely sure then.

That's too bad. This judge, jury, and executioner cop's commentsshouldn'tgo unchallenged. I was all ready to make the long drive up for it too.

Maddoggie13

imported post

I planning have some good BBQ...how about the Le Cordon Bleu School right on Georgia Street in the center of the Farmer's market??? :dude:

nicki

imported post

East Palo Alto is not off the radar, rather it will require some planning and needs to be a weekday for various reasons.

Calguns chairman Gene Hoffman had sent a nice letter to resolve the issue which to this point has gone unanswered to the best of my knowledge.

There will be a response, we can't let this go away. It is more than a 2A issue, it is an issue regarding a culture of policed disrepect for us.

Nicki

markm

imported post

Hey Brad9pointO,

I have added your event to my calendar. I am hoping to meet some fine people who share some of my values.

At this point, I am not OC-wise; therefore, if your event pans-out, I am hoping to learn about the movement, and holster issues while there (what type of safe holsters should I buy--I have strap'n'snap holsters now). Also, I would like some instruction on how to stay safe while a 12031 (e) check is underway. This will be an educational event for me; no OC until I talk with the experienced people.

I think the charity angle is just perfect. I will gladly pay $10.00 for a hot dog and coke if the proceeds go to help Vallejo youth. I never eat just one hot dog and drink just one coke.

Would it be a good idea to have ten large posters about the event, eachone with one of the ten amendments written in a large font? After all, this movement is really about our 1st amendment, 2nd amendment, 4th amendment, 5th amendment, and even our 10th amendment rights?

Thanks,

markm

tall_tree

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Please remember that Palo Alto != East Palo Alto.

The meetup in Palo Alto had nothing to do with East Palo Alto. Two different cities, two different counties.

The Palo Alto Police Department's handling of OC has been nothing but exceptional. They didn't even bother to e-check us. They let local merchant's know what was going on beforehand, and even had officers nearby to answer questions from the public. A very civilized response.

Several folks on this board as well as in the media have made the mistake of using PA and EPA interchangeably when dealing with the EPA Detective Rod Tuason OC comments issue.

coolusername2007

imported post

tall_tree wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

The meetup in Palo Alto had nothing to do with East Palo Alto. Two different cities, two different counties.
Yeah, but aren't these two towns only like 10 minutes apart? I googled the directions and it said something like 9 miles apart. Is that not correct?

tall_tree

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
tall_tree wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

Yeah, but aren't these two towns only like 10 minutes apart? I googled the directions and it said something like 9 miles apart. Is that not correct?
I'm not sure what your point here is, but the PA meetup was scheduled weeks before the EPA incident, and the folks that had signed up for it were expecting a peaceful day of learning about and experiencing OC in a plaza with lunch, not marching on EPA.

I think there was pressure to make a move on EPA using the PA event as jumping off point, but that wasn't what it was for.

However, the irony of that actually happening would have been overwhelming.

http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=7447