• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA at Spokane

Squeak

imported post

I just got home from Spokane. I attended a fund raiser by the NRA. Boy, the money was being thrown around like spitwads in a high school math class! Get this; man and wife bidding against each other for a NRA neck tie. Final bid - over $300. Noise from the crowd - priceless! My good friend Orphan won a rifle! About $550 value. What kind ? Forgot! They're all the same, aren't they?:lol: Good time, good food, and good company! Orphan and his wife let me stay at their home. They're probably thinking that wasn't such a good idea! Thanks again, Mr. & Mrs. Orphan!

BobR

imported post

Squeak,

Thanks for making the trip over and hanging out at our banquet. I came away with a lighter wallet, that's about all.

The one in Deer Park is Apr 24th, I am going to that to see if I may be able to win an auction! ;)

bob

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Squeak, it was good having you, we enjoyed your company and look for ward to seeing you again.

The rifle is a Remington 700 SBS in 300 win mag.

It was also my Brides 1st time OCing, I think she was the only woman OCing and had her picture taken several times. She was extreamly nervous, but having Squeak along made it easier for her.

The money flowed like water but is all for a good cause. Freinds of the NRA gives out scholerships to youth and supports the shooting sports for young people. 50% of the money made is directly spent in the local area.

BobR

imported post

Orphan,

It was nice meeting you. And your bride did just fine with her first time out OCing. And I have to say, she coordinated the outfit and weapon just right.;)

As a fund raiser, the Spokane one is one of the highest in the state. The money was a little off this year, it must be the economy. But I think we still didjust fine, I will know Thursday at our wrap up meeting.

Congrats on the rifle.

bob

David.Car

imported post

BobR wrote:
The money was a little off this year, it must be the economy. But I think we still didjust fine, I will know Thursday at our wrap up meeting.
This is how I felt. It seemed... well off... That is a perfect way to describe it. I just wish I had some money to bid. The print of the year going for $210 was low. The African hunting trip for 2 going for $925 was down right ridiculous.