• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walking a parade route.

LA Confederate

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
barf wrote:
You're seriously comparing the civil rights movement to raising awareness of open carry?
Gun rights are civil rights, and raising awareness of open carry is part of the civil rights movement.
Oh Oh, now you gonna be called a MEMonite, get ready

Congratulations on making a positive contribution to the topic of discussion. You forgot your banana so I included it for you here. :celebrate

KBCraig

imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
barf wrote:
You're seriously comparing the civil rights movement to raising awareness of open carry?
Gun rights are civil rights, and raising awareness of open carry is part of the civil rights movement.

Wrong for all the reasons that I've already stated before in this thread.
So, you actually deny that gun rights are civil rights?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
LA Confederate wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
barf wrote:

Gee, I wonder how gun rights violations can be heard under the 1984 Civil Rights Act?

Yata hey

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FWIW, guys, Mike and John are on the record as being AGAINST having a march. They feel it would seem too intimidating to the folks we are trying to convince to accept us (the "sheeple," as some might call them). Those folks can either learn to accept us through our everyday, mundane encounters or they can be so shocked that they do something radical - like get laws passed against us.

We've had a good deal of success with baby steps so far. The creation of LOCAL was a good step - not many states have their own local organization, but the sones that do have seen OC take off. Look at Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. A couple of new guys at LOCAL have gotten positive results from Walmart and Cabela's. This is the kind of thing we have been working for - acceptance.

Just keep on keepin' on and soon we'll have people seeing us as the normal folks we know ourselves to be.

imported post

Sure glad Mike and John weren't around Martin Luther King and others with their "let's not offend anyone" mentality.

Folks, the state constitution guarantees our right to bear arms. There's no real likelihood that will ever change in the POLICE STATE of LOUISIANA. Quit throwing that up everytime one of the sheeple gets spooked.

We've already got the right to bear arms, now we need to just DO it.
Instead of splintering the effort, OC needs to think nationally.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Sure glad Mike and John weren't around Martin Luther King and others with their "let's not offend anyone" mentality.

Folks, the state constitution guarantees our right to bear arms. There's no real likelihood that will ever change in the POLICE STATE of LOUISIANA. Quit throwing that up everytime one of the sheeple gets spooked.

Generate your own movement - dedicate it to the principles you wish to promote, in the manner you see fit.

Don't meet at Shoney's, don't pick up trash - you decide what, when, where and how.

Yata hey

barf

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Generate your own movement - dedicate it to the principles you wish to promote, in the manner you see fit.

Don't meet at Shoney's, don't pick up trash - you decide what, when, where and how.

Yata hey
128343688002656250hallelujahpra.jpg

aadvark

imported post

Open Carry at Parades in Louisiana is Legal, provided:

1. You are not a Felon, and

2. The Firearm being Carried is not in Violation of Louisiana Revised Statute 14:95, and

3. The Firearm is not being/nor has beenused in- a Crime of Violence, per Louisiana Revised Statute 14:2(B).

LA Confederate

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
LA Confederate wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
barf wrote:

Yep. Read what I've already posted and you will see my explanation. Self defense, in any manner, is a natural right just like you have the right to grow food to feed yourself. The 2A is a civil right however that is a different matter than what is being discussed here.

If you are comfortable equating your agenda with a bunch of Communists and troublemakers, by all means feel free. I however refuse to do so.

turbodog

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Oh man, can ya just see it? mark can form his own OC organization made up of all his multiple screen name personalities. And anytime he/they went out in public, he/they would all hide his/their guns under his/their coats. :lol:

LA Confederate

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
Sounds more like locol, eating and hiding in the back room at shoneys

As far as I know, you've never been to one LOCAL meeting. So how is it that you think you know jack squat about what a meeting is like? Or are you just ASSuming things. You also could have crawled out from under your rock and attended to OC meet and greet breakfast in Hammond last weekend when there was about a dozen people show up.

But I guess you were too busy trolling the internet and being a douchebag to participate. We understand.

turbodog

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Oh man, can ya just see it? mark can form his own OC organization made up of all his multiple screen name personalities. And anytime he/they went out in public, he/they would all hide his/their guns under his/their coats. :lol:
--Deleted -- -- Rules Violation--
Hey! Here's one now!