• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walking a parade route.

LA Confederate

imported post

jensen_lover wrote:
Who the hell are you talking about?  Methinks you need to reread my post. Then methinks you need to read "A Testament of Hope".

How is this any different than the civil rights movement?  There were laws on the books since slaves were freed that said blacks are considered equal citizens.  Funny that they were not considered equals until... oh wait, most people still do not consider them equal. 

There are laws on the books that say open carrying is legal.  Funny that every day it seems someone is asked to leave because they are doing something that is not illegal- it is just that noone thinks it is legal.

You're the genius that quoted a proven Communist as a reputable and worthwhile source for your argument and thought that was a legitimate source.

There is no comparison to the "civil rights" movement from the 60s and what we face today. The right to self defense is a natural right; the means by which you go about it is at question. The bodies that argue for that right of self defense are simply asking for an existing right to be observed. They are not a minority group with a separate portion of outsiders attempting to interfere with local politics and force the majority of people to agree with an idea that is completely distasteful. The policies were separate but equal back then, and are therefore completely different.

And if you really want to splinter the topic to the "civil rights" movement and race, I can also go into the topics of state's rights to decide what's best for the majority of people in that state, the data that shows that all races are not created equal, and others if you wish.

Suffice to say, you really should get a history lesson on modern American politics preferably from a source other than the local pubic scrools and other institutions of lower learning and brainwashing.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Why do we need to stage a parade to announce the legality of OC? Have you not been watching the MSM lately? Lately, OC has been all over thenews due to the Brady Bratsconstant protest over Starbucks current firearms policy.

We don't need a parade. Every time one of us goes grocery shopping, shops for project materials at a hadware store, or stops at a gas station to fill up our vehicles while OCing, we are on parade so to speek. Our sidearms are all the banner we need.

We don't need a parade. People arn't likely to approach a large group of other people that are armed to make inquirys. Each time we engage in a aprivate informative discussion with a non-carrier, we plant a seed of information that can spread to that personsfriends, families and acquaintences, likesmall wildfires that the Brady camp can't manage.

We don't need an organized parade. We already have a huge disorganized one going on daily nation wide, that hasproven quite effective in enfluencing the general public.

edited for spelling

barf

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Why do we need to stage a parade to announce the legality of OC? Have you not been watching the MSM lately? Lately, OC has been all over thenews due to the Brady Bratsconstant protest over Starbucks current firearms policy.

We don't need a parade. Every time one of us goes grocery shopping, shops for project materials at a hadware store, or stops at a gas station to fill up our vehicles while OCing, we are on parade so to speek. Our sidearms are all the banner we need.

We don't need a parade. People arn't likely to approach a large group of other people that are armed to make inquirys. Each time we engage in a aprivate informative discussion with a non-carrier, we plant a seed of information that can spread to that personsfriends, families and acquaintences, likesmall wildfires that the Brady camp can't manage.

We don't need an organized parade. We already have a huge disorganized one going on daily nation wide, that hasproven quite effective in enfluencing the general public.

edited for spelling
+1 This is what I've been saying all along.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

barf wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

edited for spelling
+1 This is what I've been saying all along.
Normal, everyday good citizens acting responsibly as they go about their daily routines. Isn't that what you want to be accepted? Teach by example.

The antis will continue to make fools of themselves. Give them the space and room to do so w/o emulating their tactics.

Yata hey

Yata hey

imported post

Obviously, none of you guys are self-employed or is in management of a for-profit business. Promoting OC isn't any different than promoting a business.

Depending on the MSM to do your job for you is absurd. Limiting the exposure to the actions of one person is equally absurd. . But, this seems to be the norm here.

LA Confederate

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Obviously, none of you guys are self-employed or is in management of a for-profit business.  Promoting OC isn't any different than promoting a business.

Depending on the MSM to do your job for you is absurd.  Limiting the exposure to the actions of one person is equally absurd. . But, this seems to be the norm here.

Obviously you know nothing about the members here because I am in upper management of a very successful business that is OC and firearm friendly. You're right, promoting OC is just like marketing a business in that you go and talk to people and show them that you are the best at what you offer and you reflect positively on your enterprise. Going to someone's office and telling them that they WILL give you a job/buy your product whether they like it or not sound like something a union would do and in my office will likely result in negative consequences for the one making such a preposterous statement.

If i had a salesman come to me with the same attitude that you have about promoting OC, I'd quickly boot his sorry ass out of my office and make sure the company that he represented knew that as long as that clown worked for them I wouldn't be purchasing their products.

You're the problem Mark because you don't know when to shut your freaking trap and you don't know the difference between the time for diplomacy and psy-ops and the time for more aggressive methods.

4angrybadgers

imported post

Obviously, none of you guys are self-employed or is in management of a for-profit business. Promoting OC isn't any different than promoting a business.

Depending on the MSM to do your job for you is absurd. Limiting the exposure to the actions of one person is equally absurd. . But, this seems to be the norm here.
And limiting your idea of "exposure" to just yourself and your actions is even more absurd, not to mention conceited. You still can't accept that just OCing day-to-day exposes the public to OC?

LA Confederate

imported post

So I guess you're just living right? Cause you sure as hell haven't learned much about getting people to rally to your cause.

Seems to me the only thing you've learned is how to be a sellout and a hypocrite. Oh and here's an obligatory 'nanner for ya. :celebrate

4angrybadgers

imported post

One more time: think small, stay small.
If ONE OC'er is good, imagine a HUNDRED.

To quote the late, great Nathan Earl Miller, "some people live and learn, others just live."
Yep, I imagine a hundred OCers across the state, carrying daily. Sounds like good publicity to me.

imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
One more time: think small, stay small.
If ONE OC'er is good, imagine a HUNDRED.

To quote the late, great Nathan Earl Miller, "some people live and learn, others just live."
Yep, I imagine a hundred OCers across the state, carrying daily. Sounds like good publicity to me.
Not "around the state," but in ONE location.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

barf wrote:
Ah, what would mornings be like around these parts without the lunatic rantings of MEM. He's such a masterdebater.
I caught that! :lol:

Yata hey

KBCraig

imported post

barf wrote:
You're seriously comparing the civil rights movement to raising awareness of open carry?
Gun rights are civil rights, and raising awareness of open carry is part of the civil rights movement.

DannyAbear

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
barf wrote:
You're seriously comparing the civil rights movement to raising awareness of open carry?
Gun rights are civil rights, and raising awareness of open carry is part of the civil rights movement.
Oh Oh, now you gonna be called a MEMonite, get ready