• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 2 10pm News March 8, 2010

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I'm glad everyone is proud of the story. It was a great opportunity to get the word out and the emails having been pouring in to MOC today from people who support us and want to know more.

Thank you to all of you who OC everyday and educate folks in your city, it is because of you that we are growing and becoming more well known in the state.

Keep it up!!!!!

fal28

imported post

I'd love to come to Gander Mtn but I'm on-call that week.
Hopefully next time.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

fal28 wrote:
Hey everyone.
This is my first post.
I saw this story last night.
Until then I thought OC was not doable in MI. (I asked an employee at Firing line a few months ago and they basically said "its technically legal but you will be arrested for something else".)
The news story got me thinking so I googled it and found this site.
I may just OC when I walk my dog next (I don't have my CPL yet btw).

Thanks

Welcome ! :D

You should probably check out this thread too, http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/36728.html

Theres another one that offers these handy little pocket cards. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=38946&forum_id=30&jump_to=667805#p667805

We hope you stick around, if you have questions, just ask, someone will get an answer for you.

Dont be shy about open carry, its your right, be proud of it. For a couple days you may feel like you have a big red sign above your head that says "I have a gun!", but that goes away pretty quickly. Most dont notice anyhow, otherwise it can open the door to a good conversation. Most people who do notice are gun owners too.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Went to American Coney Island in Detroit last night. Everyone there watched the news coverage and is excited to have us. We need this to be a huge event. They are telling everyone about us, and that we will be there on Sunday.

mikestilly

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Went to American Coney Island in Detroit last night. Everyone there watched the news coverage and is excited to have us. We need this to be a huge event. They are telling everyone about us, and that we will be there on Sunday.

Are you talking about gander mountain?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Are you talking about gander mountain?

No, American Coney Island is excited for us to come there for lunch after the parade.

scot623

imported post

"I work at a gun shop and had people calling with OC questions ALL DAY. We even had some gun / holster sales that the customer's credited to the news story."

That quote was grabbed from MGO. This is our moment people. If there is an event near you...make it your mission to attend! We need to be seen as more than just 4 guys on tv. I want to see 50 of my fellow OCers at the St Patty's parade. Let's really launch MOC into the mainstream. See you all Sunday!

Michigander

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Yeah, I've been screwed lately cuz my work schedule is 2pm to 10pm Fri, Sat, & Sun. :(
I do a lot of weekend work too, as does Evil. We've been considering doing a small litter clean up on a week day afternoon, probably a wednesday. Meeting up for this would be a possibility if you are interested.

Packer fan

imported post

I have seen the news story here in Arkansas too. It was the best I've seen. It was just the facts.

Great Job!

I travel to Mich frequently and now have my CHL so I am looking to OC in Michigan some day. My wife already has OC in Sault Ste Marie.

If only we can get OC here in Arkansas.

I hope Michigan does become like the Old West, the crime rate was much lower then.

jmlefler

imported post

Gosh, I've been off this site for a bit. Did Michigan pass an "open carry law" the reporter referred to?

Far as I know, there's no law that says you can open carry, and no law that says you can't...

Carry on

Michigander

imported post

jmlefler wrote:
Gosh, I've been off this site for a bit. Did Michigan pass an "open carry law" the reporter referred to?

Far as I know, there's no law that says you can open carry, and no law that says you can't...

Carry on
There is the state constitution, but that doesn't specify which types of arms or in what manner they can be carried, so you'd think it would protect all manners of carry.

There are also AG opinions, but those aren't exactly laws.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
jmlefler wrote:
Gosh, I've been off this site for a bit.  Did Michigan pass an "open carry law" the reporter referred to?

Carry on
There is the state constitution, but that doesn't specify which types of arms or in what manner they can be carried, so you'd think it would protect all manners of carry.

There are also AG opinions, but those aren't exactly laws. 

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.