• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racine,WI - Court enters summary judgement of $10,000 for open carrier

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

MRFirstAmendment has been banned as well as his IP which identifies him as an employee of icap.com ... probably from their New York office.

From their website, "The iCap Group is active in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives. ICAP has an average daily transaction volume in excess of $2.3 trillion, more than 40% of which is electronic."

If he does return, I will report his conduct while using their network to his IT and corporate public relations department and hand over the relevant log files. I am NOT going to do so unless he comes back because 1) I have no reason to wish ill to anyone's career regardless of how poorly they act and 2) the only leverage I have to insure he doesn't come back is to use this info.

hunter9mm

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
MrFirstAmendment wrote:
OK "Shotgun" loser. You're even uglier than she is.
You're damn right I am. And not nearly as gracious as she is when it comes to dealing with idiots.

Tomorrow I'll still be writing on here. You'll be bye-bye along with the other children.

Tomorrow.. Shotgun, you gave him too much time :lol::lol::lol:

He's already history. Guess word gets around pretty fast in a "Tight-Knit" family like this. Our thanks to JPierce for his fast work with this guy!!

Trolls must be stopped at all cost!

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

you know he might be back. Its extremely easy to get around that block, I believe its just a few commands in the command window.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Well, even though MrFirstAmmendment got banned, he was very successful in derailing this thread by getting all of you to respond to his stupidity.

Lurchiron

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Well, even though MrFirstAmmendment got banned, he was very successful in derailing this thread by getting all of you to respond to his stupidity.
Cat with a mouse...try it sometime!!!

M

McX

imported post

local rag is still running anti in the letters to the editor, probably trying to gain sympathy for backing the wrong horse. funny how when the event went down, they came out saying no letters to the editor on it, now, or better yet: BUT.......

4armed Architect

imported post

Does anyone know how to find out how this $10,000 Judgment gets paid to the Plaintiffs? I note Attorneys' fees were inclusive.

1. Has the Judgment been paid?
2. If not, how do the Plaintiffs collect? - Via ordinary WI law re judgment
collections/liens/attachments/etc.?
3. If so, was it first applied to Attys' fees then the remaining amount split among the
plaintiffs? How would the split be determined?
4. How is it charged to the defendants? Do each pay 1/3 or is each individually
liable for the full amount if monies cannot be collected from the others? Do the
officers have immunity or insurance which protects them from this judgment?

Unfortunately, these lawsuits seem to be one of the better ways to get some (not all) jurisdictions and some (not all) LEOs attention that they must not abridge citizens' rights. I ask these questions so that I may better understand the true deterrent effect these lawsuits may have. If they really amount to only a "tsk tsk - naughty LEO", but have no real teeth, then other methods of obtaining respect for citizen rights will have to be pursued to a greater degree.

Thanks in advance for any details one can provide.

codename_47

imported post

Unfortunately, these lawsuits seem to be one of the better ways to get some (not all) jurisdictions and some (not all) LEOs attention that they must not abridge citizens' rights.
Why is that an unfortunate thing?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

It is unfortunate that the wheels of justice must grind exceedingly fine and exceptionally even.

Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all.

Gottes Mühlen mahlen langsam, mahlen aber trefflich klein
Ob aus Langmut er sich säumet, bringt mit Schärf' er alles ein.
--Friedrich von Logau