• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit St. Patrick's Day parade

sprinklerguy28

imported post

The Detroit Parade is scheduled for March 14, 2010 at 2pm

Parade route available here
http://www.detroitstpatricksparade.com/route.htm

We spoke to the Co-owner, Chris, of American Coney Island. He said there is no problem with us going there for lunch after the parade. Him and the other owner are signing a permission form to allow anyone without CPL to open carry there since they serve alcohol.

American Coney Island
115 Michigan Avenue
Detroit, MI

Anyone interested in carpooling can meet at the National Coney Island 696/Groesbeck at 12:30pm.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

With the recent news story on Fox 2 I hope we can get a huge turnout. We are getting good publicity and need to keep ourselves in the public view, and to support the Detroit businesses who are willing to support us.

eastmeyers

imported post

Can we put together a car pool event? I really thing this would be a good idea. For one it will insure that no one ends up alone (easy prey for DPD), also it helps save a TON on parking.

God Bless

sprinklerguy28

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Can we put together a car pool event?  I really thing this would be a good idea.  For one it will insure that no one ends up alone (easy prey for DPD), also it helps save a TON on parking.

God Bless

Already done. Meeting at Coney Island 696 and Gratiot at 12:30pm for anyone who wants to car pool.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Who is planning on attending ? With our news coverage and now American Coney being featured on Food Wars, this is a great opportunity for us to continue or efforts in educating the public.

bb

imported post

Exactly were is everyone going to be located at on the parade route, On Michigan Ave. between what two cross streets?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

So how many people are going? I plan on it rain or shine. I'm looking forward to having a coney at American Coney after the parade.

I will be looking for you guys around Michigan and Trumbull

If someboby brings a laptop I will have the Lansing FOIA of the call and a dash video CDs.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Because of church. We will be at Coney to meet up around 12:45pm. Anyone meeting up there please park in the back.

Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight

Radioman

imported post

Well I will have to see how cold and wet I am after working the run before the parade but I might just meet you guys for a coney afterwards. Probably be free about 3pm for the coney. I'll be looking for you guys.

Radioman