• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wednesday OC Lunch. BBC coming in to do story on "OC in America"

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

If anyone is available for an OC lunch tomorrow in Waukesha please send me an email: We are hoping to have 15 - 20 ppl for lunch. So far I think we have close to 15. If there are a few more that would be great

nik@wisconsincarry.org for details

A producer and camera crew from BBC is flying in from DC tomorrow (there was another post about this but it appears there was some data loss in the forum-down-time)

The story will run on BBC's national, international and radio channels.

bigdaddy1

imported post

If they could arrange it for a weekend there would a greatly better turn out.

Unfortunatly I will be stuck at work.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
If they could arrange it for a weekend there would a greatly better turn out.

Unfortunatly I will be stuck at work.

I understand and shared with them as much. I told them a weekend event would have 100 people, a weekday event much less.

This is the time they had available.

The news is hit or miss and very time-sensitive. You have to take what you get. All it would take is a big national or international news story to happen (earthquake, terror attach, tiger woods sighting) and it consumes the news for a week and a story can get passed over for fresher news.

OC is hot nationally right now with the Starbucks publicity etc. In another couple weeks it may not be.

edit: i wish it was on a weekend. my mid-week time is much more scarce

Sayadina

imported post

just wondering if anyone that attended the Dousman highway clean-ups last year will be at the lunch tomorrow, it would be nice to see a familiar face:D

range rat

imported post

hi, range rat here,i'll be going IF i can get a time to be there? and if this is an open carry lunch. If it is, there's a problem, this place service booze, an that might be a small problem... can you please help me out here, i'm kind of new to this, as well as the web site.I kind of go it alone..

bigdaddy1

imported post

They recomend being there before noon.Yes it is open carry (not required but would be better for our cause if you did). As for your question of alcohol being served, I would stick with iced tea or soda.

hunter9mm

imported post

range rat

I had the same thought originally but (I can't speak for him) Nik set this up and I have to assume he made all the necessry arrangements. There is a clause in the law whereas the location management can approve the admittance of firearms into an establishment that serves alcohol for a limited time and / or a specific event....

Brendon you beat me to it,,,,,:lol::lol::lol:

wewd

imported post

We have French media doing interviews here in Southern California too. The whole Starbucks deal has made OC an international story, though I'm not sure exactly why. Most euros would probably find the image of private citizens legally carrying sidearms to be completely foreign. The French journalists seem to be mostly neutral, but you guys can expect to be declared as baby-killing, right-wing terrorist extremists by the Beeb. They are very anti-gun.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Great turnout. 35 people carrying young, old, male, female and everything in between. A few people brought their kids which was GREAT!

Well done guys.

Story is suppose to run on BBC tomorrow at 7pm (BBC America channel)

I'll be getting a DVD from the producer and will put it on youtube.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

I believe BBC has the time wrong. Looking on DirecTV, 7:00 pm has 'Kitchen Nightmares'. 6:00 pm has 'BBC World News America'

Anyhow, it is channel 264 on DirecTV.

Today I popped my OC chery. It was enjoyable and not as stressful as I thought. I was good meeting a lot of people.

naed5048

imported post

this was my first time in the opencarry. the person at my table mentioned this forum.. This is all new to me, where do people go and communicate ? he mentioned a radio sta. run by nick ?

jmoll9571

imported post

Todays lunch was great! It was nice meeting all of you! this was my first time @ a oc event! wont be my last!!