• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at PNC Bank

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Yesterday was the second time I OC'd in the local bank. I know they are a bit on edge because they were just robbed not long ago (http://www.eveningsun.com/ci_14420662) so they have had unarmed security there. I assume this is a standard precautionary thing.

The first time I OC'd (last week) when making a deposit, the security guard looked down at my weapon the second I walked in the door. When he locked eyes with me I smiled and asked, "How are you sir?". He said "fine" then I proceeded to fill out my deposit slip at the center island there minding my own. He then walked up behind me and asked "Are you an officer?". I simply said "No sir. Just a civilian.". He was burning a hole in me with his eyes the whole time I was banking but didn't say anything again until I was leaving and told him to have a nice day and he told me the same.

Yesterday was the time I really want to mention. There was no guard yesterday when I walked in. The branch manager was across the room when I walked in and immediately locked eyes on my weapon when I walked through the door. Then she looked up at me and I gave her my usual big smile and she smiled back. I started filling out my slip when I noticed her walking my way. I was worried that she was going to be bothered by me carrying (not very prevalent here) and waited for her to say her piece... Not once did she mention me carrying, ask for a permit, etc. She asked me how business was, made small talk, thanked me for coming in, and then said it was great to talk to me. Very polite, very professional. The tellers were the same.

I have had my qualms with PNC in the past, but they obviously (at least this one) respect the gun laws. I think I'll leave my money where I know guns are allowed. Good job L-Town PNC!

chris in va

imported post

No signs here in the Louisville KY area for PNC once they took over National City. Haven't OC'ed here yet but I did notice an LPD officer doing detail in one of the branches.