• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson police officer killed

lil_freak_66

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Remember, this is a GREAT opportunity to help build a bridge with the JPD and OCer's.

this gesture of good will could also help build bridges with other police agencies,and show more of the public that we arent bad guys,and that were active in helping the community and whatnot.

if no family to help support,then a fundraiser could be for one of those fallen officers memorial funds,or we could start our own fund for fallen officers or starting similar

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Remember, this is a GREAT opportunity to help build a bridge with the JPD and OCer's.

this gesture of good will could also help build bridges with other police agencies,and show more of the public that we arent bad guys,and that were active in helping the community and whatnot.

if no family to help support,then a fundraiser could be for one of those fallen officers memorial funds,or we could start our own fund for fallen officers or starting similar
So how much should we pay for this protection to conduct ourselves lawfully?

lil_freak_66

imported post

we shouldnt,and usually dont(unless you include taxes)

but the more LEO's and members of the general public that support us and our cause will make for better publicity,and better awareness of the open carry movement,and the 2A in general.

we support something for downed officers,more officers start to realize that we are normal people and not nuts,more officers start to support us,hopefully publically,they tell they're friends that its okay and they dont have a problem with it,then those friends tell they're friends that they're cop friend said its completely legal and not to worry,theyre just law abiding normal every day citizens,and the process continues.

its all about the good publicity,and a fallen officers fund is generally a good cause anyways.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
we shouldnt,and usually dont(unless you include taxes)

but the more LEO's and members of the general public that support us and our cause will make for better publicity,and better awareness of the open carry movement,and the 2A in general.

we support something for downed officers,more officers start to realize that we are normal people and not nuts,more officers start to support us,hopefully publically,they tell they're friends that its okay and they dont have a problem with it,then those friends tell they're friends that they're cop friend said its completely legal and not to worry,theyre just law abiding normal every day citizens,and the process continues.

its all about the good publicity,and a fallen officers fund is generally a good cause anyways.
So my lawful conduct is insufficient for a LEO to realize that I not not a nut?

You feel that bribery for the sake of publicity is more effective, if not necessary?

If this tactic worked, don't you think that the Hells Angels would have already utilized it?

You're not just saying to contribute to a worthy cause for the benefit of the affected. You're suggesting that we do it for the expressed purpose of gaining benefit for yourself instead. As a means of bribery. So to speak.

Charity should be expressed with selfless motive.

lil_freak_66

imported post

if thats how you feel,then feel free to run about rampant with a class 3 AK47 in nothing but flip flops and some heart boxers and yelling that its a full auto weapon and that open carry is legal,see if that helps the cause.

look at it like a politician would,if you piss off everybody then your gonna lose your election,but if you make friends and are active in the community,theres a way greater chance that you'll be the one wnning this election.

what im sayin is,if wemake friends,we get good"word of mouth" for the open carry movement,friends tell they're friends things,good information(publicity) gets passed around.

if we dont make friends,then things stay the way they are,or get worse.sheep follow what the media and police think and say,if the police say we are good people and shouldnt be feared or treated differently than anybody else,if LEO's thinks we are just attention whores and/or police whackers then they tell the public that we arent normal every day citizens,and all the bad publicity comes upon us.

if you dont get what im saying,then please just state so and we can end our discussion,your entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine,no reason to fight about it when we're on the same side of the open carry debate.

Kusala

imported post

I was thinking you all were thinking of this for him. Then the more I read the more I was thinking you were doing it for the wrong reason and then...... I seen Pats post and knew I wasn't alone. Definitely should be done for the sake of doing somthing positive, Not to further the cause.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
if thats how you feel,then feel free to run about rampant with a class 3 AK47 in nothing but flip flops and some heart boxers and yelling that its a full auto weapon and that open carry is legal,see if that helps the cause.

Where the F did that come from???

look at it like a politician would,if you piss off everybody then your gonna lose your election,but if you make friends and are active in the community,theres a way greater chance that you'll be the one wnning this election.

So conducting yourself lawfully pisses everybody off? How's that???

what im sayin is,if wemake friends,we get good"word of mouth" for the open carry movement,friends tell they're friends things,good information(publicity) gets passed around.

I'm not out to make friends. I just want to be able to conduct myself lawfully.

if we dont make friends,then things stay the way they are,or get worse.sheep follow what the media and police think and say,if the police say we are good people and shouldnt be feared or treated differently than anybody else,if LEO's thinks we are just attention whores and/or police whackers then they tell the public that we arent normal every day citizens,and all the bad publicity comes upon us.

Someone strutting around with an airsoft. a mag taped to an empty gunstock, or empty holster is an attention whore.

if you dont get what im saying,then please just state so and we can end our discussion,your entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine,no reason to fight about it when we're on the same side of the open carry debate.

I'm not on the same bribery side of the debate as you.
My comments.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Kusala wrote:
I was thinking you all were thinking of this for him. Then the more I read the more I was thinking you were doing it for the wrong reason and then...... I seen Pats post and knew I wasn't alone. Definitely should be done for the sake of doing somthing positive, Not to further the cause.

i am willing to help because its a good cause and is positive,the potential to further the cause is merely an extra and not required nor asked for.

as for pat,no bribery,just good politics,and a good cause.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

This might be hard to put into words for me but IF we help it should be done with NO strings attached so to say.

Give freely with NOTHING expected in return.

If "we" attend it should be done with sole intention of helping the family.

In other words we should not expect or even want recognition forour help.

We should not build bridges on the back of a fallen officer.

manicdevery

imported post

I am all for helping a good cause. i will stay in touch, if there is a donation thing going on at walmart in jackson i will do what i can to make it, or at least see what i can donate.

Devery

G

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Well said.

Much better than I.

Also, if anyone were to attend, don't OC. MOC does not need attention drawn to itself at the expense of a fallen officer.

manicdevery

imported post

dougwg wrote:
This might be hard to put into words for me but IF we help it should be done with NO strings attached so to say.

In other words we should not expect or even want recognition for or help.

I agree, but i feel MOC could raise more than we could individually, i would hope that MOC would show support to LEO's. Fallen or otherwise.

We are all in this together.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

manicdevery wrote:
dougwg wrote:

In other words we should not expect or even want recognition for or help.

I agree, but i feel MOC could raise more than we could individually, i would hope that MOC would show support to LEO's. Fallen or otherwise.

We are all in this together.
absolutely

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Well said.

Much better than I.

Also, if anyone were to attend, don't OC. MOC does not need attention drawn to itself at the expense of a fallen officer.

This, basically, is my thought.

It is a good thoughtful thing to do, if it has a genuine motive, and a purpose. [I say purpose in reference to Michigander's post, because he, too, has a valid point.]

Also, I know you guys already shyed away from this idea, but I saw someone mentioned a shoot to raise money, and I just want to point out that I think that would be in bad taste, considering the particular demise of the officer.