• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson police officer killed

eastmeyers

imported post

Everytime I see one of these posts up on this site I struggle to open it. It makes me sick. Than I click on the link. I either get sad, mad, or po'd. It makes me sick, these horrible actions need to stop!

God Bless

Kimberguy

imported post

I'm sure everyone knows my bias against the JPD, but I would never wish this on any of their officers. My prayers are with them, may God watch over and comfort his loved ones in their time of need.

eastmeyers

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows my bias against the JPD, but I would never wish this on any of their officers. My prayers are with them, may God watch over and comfort his loved ones in their time of need.

I think this goes for most everyone. Very well articulated Kimberguy.

God Bless

eastmeyers

imported post

T Vance wrote:
He was SO young. It's very sad not only that he was killed, but while he was just trying to do his job. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for us local OCers to somehow show our support of them and what they do. Maybe it will help get rid of the "us against them" mentality that seems to be there between some of the JPD and Jackson's OCers.

Any ideas? Possibly an MOC event in Jackson to help raise money for that officers family.
We could do a fundraiser for his family, maybe a shoot? Any other ideas?

Banger

imported post

I actually have met this kid before, really nice guy. I am truly saddened by this and wish his family the best. I definitely think doing something would go a long way and I would definitely make it a point to be there.

cabman1

imported post

T Vance wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
T Vance wrote:
He was  SO young. It's very sad not only that he was killed, but while he was just trying to do his job. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for us local OCers to somehow show our support of them and what they do. Maybe it will help get rid of the "us against them" mentality that seems to be there between some of the JPD and Jackson's OCers.

Any ideas? Possibly an MOC event in Jackson to help raise money for that officers family.
We could do a fundraiser for his family, maybe a shoot?  Any other ideas?

I think we could raise more money if we setup a table in front of Walmart on a weekend like we did for the canned food drive we did for the local homless shelter

working on walmart now for this weekend!!!!

Michigander

imported post

Not to be insensitive, because this is a tragic, senseless shame, but what will you guys raise money for? I don't really see who needs it. I don't see that he has any kids, and I bet that his final expenses will be covered through any number of funds.

No sense in just asking people for money for feel good reasons. Is there anyone who directly is in financial trouble as a result of his death?