• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Ross Show 3/8/10 KIRO 97.3

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Wdid a nice job explaining the issue. Thanks Dave W, it is always good to have pro 2A issues being talked about. I will try and not scare anyone today. In the 5 months I have done this, I have not seen anyone run, cry, scream, call the police, etc... of course I dress like this.

15332_1065309929481_1728023493_134127_8356830_s.jpg

Also, when the site is down don't forget I have a little facebook page to eliminate withdrawl pangs.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington/Washington-Open-Carry-dot-Org/251484204266?ref=ts

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The quote seems to be spot on, it is just how we choose to perceive it determines our reaction.

Open Carry does scare some people and isn't that why most here carry to help desensitize this unfounded fear? By presenting themselves in a responsible respectful manner that would coincide with lawful citizens.

While the quote is at first concerning, it is usually done to promote interest and little to do with the actual intent of the one being interviewed.

Dave Workman did a good job in represent all issues that Dave Ross tried to promote more restrictions upon legal carry and especially on the issue that The Right to Bear Arms is a right not a privilege and thus not treated the same.

sirpuma

imported post

People's phobias about guns isn't our problem, it's theirs. I find a great many things in our country to be morally reprehensible, disgusting and unacceptable. I am occasionally forced to see it, either with marches in the streets or on movies. Society has decided to make those things a protected right even though it's not covered in any constitution anywhere. Yet you don't see me screaming about them or ranting about what I see.

Our right IS in the Constitution. Our FREEDOM is granted by our Creator, not by some legislator or by some action committee. So long as I have to put up with those things I can't stand, I'll continue to OC.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

What training does this man speak of for driving?

under 18-pass a course (required,ok there's training) and pass test (dol)

18 and over- just pass a test (dol) and go on your way ready to kill innocent people with your 2-4k lb cager.

My gosh!

Dave (W) handled it pretty well, I probably would have gotten kicked off the air, with all this crap about interrupting....

Trigger Dr

imported post

BigDave wrote:
The quote seems to be spot on, it is just how we choose to perceive it determines our reaction.

Open Carry does scare some people and isn't that why most here carry to help desensitize this unfounded fear? By presenting themselves in a responsible respectful manner that would coincide with lawful citizens.

While the quote is at first concerning, it is usually done to promote interest and little to do with the actual intent of the one being interviewed.

Dave Workman did a good job in represent all issues that Dave Ross tried to promote more restrictions upon legal carry and especially on the issue that The Right to Bear Arms is a right not a privilege and thus not treated the same.

Big Dave,

I have to congratulate you on this post. Non confrontational and well thought out. Please keep it up.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Words have meaning. Unfortunately, society has been dumbed down over the years and with the encroachment of PC behavior, personal responsibility is not as common as it once was, being replaced by "victim" mentality.

In the statement "HE scared me", "scared' is used as a verb (an action word) and infers the person did something specific that warranted the reaction.

Example- If I jump out and yell "BOO!", or sneak up behind you and blast an air horn, I have "scared you".

If I am minding my own business, behaving within the law, not causing a disturbance, and yet you have some some irrational fear or hypersensitive reaction to my appearance, then the appropriate statement is "I was scared".

In this case, the word is being used as an adjective (descriptive word) and describes the person's response as opposed to another persons action.

People who have done nothing wrong, inappropriate, illegal, improper, etc. should not have to change their behavior to try and protect others from the consequences of that persons own emotional, social, or character flaw that leads to a hypersensitivity, irrational response, or mis-perception of reality.

Instead of jumping to the conclusion that they are normal and "in the right" in areas where they have no experience, education, or training they should instead realize their ignorance and make the effort to learn more before reaching a conclusion.

Just another example of how so many people go through life making decisions based on emotion rather than logical thought...

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Big Dave,

I have to congratulate you on this post. Non confrontational and well thought out. Please keep it up.
Please do not try to patronize me as most will find it disrespectful, I will take it was not meant that way.

The right we practice is a very serious one and has to be taken seriously.

If I see a BS story or lie or just plain fabrication I will call it out as letting it go does more harm to those that legally carry.

If I can find a middle road I will go for that first, but if pushed I will be blunt and to the point as I do not have much time for B.S.

If I see something that I support and my position or view has not been already posted I will post.

I have replied on some members post that have been negative on some of their post being positive when I disagree or concur with their views or statements.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
What training does this man speak of for driving?

under 18-pass a course (required,ok there's training) and pass test (dol)

18 and over- just pass a test (dol) and go on your way ready to kill innocent people with your 2-4k lb cager.

My gosh!

Dave (W) handled it pretty well, I probably would have gotten kicked off the air, with all this crap about interrupting....

Also,

Having a drivers license and registering an automible does not:

Prevent drunk driving

Prevent driving when too tired

Prevent hit and runs

Prevent stolen vehicles

Prevent unlicensed drivers

Require any more training in your entire life. Perhaps everyone should have to take the same defensive, offensive, j-brake driving courses that police officers take.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Big Dave,

I have to congratulate you on this post. Non confrontational and well thought out. Please keep it up
Never mind