• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks, GFSZ

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

If a Starbucks is within 1000 of a school, am I ok to carry since its private property? I'm not even sure the place counts as a school anyway, its called Marcel Biro Culinary School.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
If a Starbucks is within 1000 of a school, am I ok to carry since its private property? I'm not even sure the place counts as a school anyway, its called Marcel Biro Culinary School.

Doesn't count. K-12 only.

Even if it did, private property exemption is for ANY private property, not just your own.

Sayadina

imported post

But watch the entrances into any "private" properties in a GFSZ. if you have to step on to the sidewalk you could get into trouble.

or at least that's my understanding :D

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sayadina wrote:
But watch the entrances into any "private" properties in a GFSZ. if you have to step on to the sidewalk you could get into trouble.

or at least that's my understanding :D
That is correct, make sure they have "off street" parking so you can go from your car, into the store, and return all within their lot, after that you should be good to go.

And as others stated, 1-12

Carry On.

disclaimer: not a lawyer, and this ain't legal advice.