• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those in Madison County

TNDad

imported post

Bhamrichard wrote:
TNDad wrote:
I live in Lincoln County Tennessee. I havea Tennessee Handgun Permit and often open carry at home.

I work in Huntsville.

Having read some of the problems others have had with Madison County SO and HPD and their fears of Dorning pulling their permit, I wanted to let you guys know that I sent both Sheriff Dorning and Chief Reyes an email a few minutes ago requesting thier stance on OC and laying out the facts for them. Dorning can't pull my permit.:p
HPD can't pull a permit either, it's beyond their authority. Only the Sheriff of a given county could revoke a permit that they issued. They couldn't revoke my permit for example, as he is not the sheriff that issued it.

But HPD or the sheriff of another county could contact the issuing sheriff's office and attempt to get them to revoke it.
They could contact them, After Sheriff Blackwelder got through laughing he would inform them that the State issues Permits in Tennessee, not the sheriff.