Thread: CAOC website info

Post imported post

Check this website out!

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/

Post imported post

Thats my blog.

Post imported post

Ok, not sure how many know that. Found it to be quite informative.Thank u.

Post imported post

Very cool

Post imported post

Stan-Lee wrote:
    Ok, not sure how many know that. Found it to be quite informative.Thank u.
    Actually, most of us know this......Nate keeps reminding us

And yes, very good info there.

Post imported post

Hey!

Post imported post

Stan-Lee wrote:
    Check this website out!

That is how I found out about open carry... Awesome Blog, but I miss my morning read =( no new stories (with the stand-down)... Why is the crowd split? Some say "nay" some say "yay"...

Post imported post

SmokeaCigShootaSig wrote:
    Stan-Lee wrote:
    Check this website out!

That is how I found out about open carry... Awesome Blog, but I miss my morning read =( no new stories (with the stand-down)... Why is the crowd split? Some say "nay" some say "yay"...
    There appear to be two generations of OCr's currently on the Californiaboard. The first generation OCr's forged the way first discecting the penal code and thenput their beliefs to the test- some of us gotbit and have become crossparticipants with Calguns.net, seeking information on legal remedy for our individual plights. Thesecond generation came along last year as the result of the initial media coverage that open carry recieved between the Heller decision and the press that came due to the mass events in San Diego (ask PullnShoot25). We are now working into a third generation of OC advocates after the Starbucks media exposure.

This apparent split you percieve is a difference of opinion on what UOC can do for us in the pre-incorporation environment. Those of us who pioneered the movement have been told not only by Calguns, but by well paid attorneys that our legal remedy in California is still just out of reach and the legislative fallout could have lasting repercussions for all gun owners. I cant speak to the next generations position but I believe that they feel that inaction nets no results- I have felt this too, even from the begining. I have felt that doing anything to advocate the 2nd would be positive because of the tireless incremental antigunners kept gaining ground where no one would take a stand. In retrospect, I feel that the advent of OC in California was about 4 years too early. Our new participants may feel differently, but I dont begrudge them that. (After all- we are weeks away from SCOTUS' decision.)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com