• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CAOC website info

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

SmokeaCigShootaSig wrote:
Stan-Lee wrote:

That is how I found out about open carry... Awesome Blog, but I miss my morning read =( no new stories (with the stand-down)... Why is the crowd split? Some say "nay" some say "yay"...

There appear to be two generations of OCr's currently on the Californiaboard. The first generation OCr's forged the way first discecting the penal code and thenput their beliefs to the test- some of us gotbit and have become crossparticipants with Calguns.net, seeking information on legal remedy for our individual plights. Thesecond generation came along last year as the result of the initial media coverage that open carry recieved between the Heller decision and the press that came due to the mass events in San Diego (ask PullnShoot25). We are now working into a third generation of OC advocates after the Starbucks media exposure.

This apparent split you percieve is a difference of opinion on what UOC can do for us in the pre-incorporation environment. Those of us who pioneered the movement have been told not only by Calguns, but by well paid attorneys that our legal remedy in California is still just out of reach and the legislative fallout could have lasting repercussions for all gun owners. I cant speak to the next generations position but I believe that they feel that inaction nets no results- I have felt this too, even from the begining. I have felt that doing anything to advocate the 2nd would be positive because of the tireless incremental antigunners kept gaining ground where no one would take a stand. In retrospect, I feel that the advent of OC in California was about 4 years too early. Our new participants may feel differently, but I dont begrudge them that. (After all- we are weeks away from SCOTUS' decision.)