Thread: Is this what you Oregon gun owners look like?

Post imported post

I came across an article (OCDO home page)about you stained wife-beater sporting, mullet bearing, hairy beer gut having, coffee drinkers out there in Oregon.

http://www.dailyvanguard.com/frappuc...arms-1.2185235

I am unfamiliar with you Oregonians. Are big belt buckles part of your uniform out there?

Kira Meyrick seems to think it is in her illustration for Robin Tinkers article in the Vanguard.

Post imported post

HA! They must have followed me!

Post imported post

I look at it like this: Starbucks is NOT taking sides. They allow people without guns in also.

Post imported post

So was that "article" published in the OPINION section of the paper? Just another hit piece by the anti's. Tell us it's LEGAL and then tell us we shouldn't be doing it just because it's legal.

I should send a case of cheese and crackers up there to go with all their Whine.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The comments under the article are precious.

Post imported post

The comment by "non-lemming" was awesome. pretty much hit the nail on the head in more ways than one.

Post imported post

chameleon wrote:
    The comment by "non-lemming" was awesome. pretty much hit the nail on the head in more ways than one.
    Thank you. Thank you very much.

Post imported post

Gee superlite..if your Missouri ancestors would have had the stones to take the trail you might have been an Oregonian.... But seriously, the ending comment that "going for coffee isn't dangerous" reminded me of an article I read by a lady from Texas whose mother objected to her carrying a pistol in her purse. So she left it in her car while they went to lunch. Some whacko came in shooting ( I think this was in Houston) and her mother was one of the ones who died. I vowed then and there that I will be responsible for my own safety when out in public. The lady from Texas said she will regret not excercising her rights to her dying day.

Post imported post

MaDuce wrote:
    Gee superlite..if your Missouri ancestors would have had the stones to take the trail you might have been an Oregonian....* * But seriously, the ending comment that "going for coffee isn't dangerous" reminded me of an article I read by a lady from Texas whose mother objected to her carrying a pistol in her purse.* So she left it in her car while they went to lunch.* Some whacko came in shooting ( I think this was in Houston) and her mother was one of the ones who died.** I vowed then and there that I will be responsible for my own safety when out in public.* The lady from Texas said she will regret not excercising her rights to her dying day.
    I've actually seen her speech on YouTube. I can't for the life of me find it though. Just so you know, though, it wasn't because her mother was against it. According to her, at that time in TX (don't know if it still is that way) it could possibly be considered a felony for to carry a gun in her purse. I don't know why, my only theory being that she could put the purse down and no longer have it within her control, but that's just a theory.

EDIT: Found the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

Post imported post

It was, in fact, because the law at the time required her to leave the firearm in the vehicle. I don't remember what the reasoning was but that's why she left it. To be a law abiding citizen .
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

WOW I stand..( er sit) corrected. But the story is a vivid reminder that LEOs cannot be everywhere at all times. The 2nd Amendment ensures that we citizens have the right, and I think obligation, to keep our society safe.

McX

Post imported post

my recent driver's license pic

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    my recent driver's license pic
    Well played, sir, well played :P

Post imported post

MaDuce wrote:
    Gee superlite..if your Missouri ancestors would have had the stones to take the trail you might have been an Oregonian....
    Hey, I like Oregon. I've been to Seattle several times.

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    MaDuce wrote:
    Gee superlite..if your Missouri ancestors would have had the stones to take the trail you might have been an Oregonian....* *
    Hey, I like Oregon. I've been to Seattle several times.
    You do know Seattle is in Washington ... right? :P

Post imported post

As a petite sized woman, carrying a gun won't ever to anything for me if my attacker also has a gun. In all honesty I can't really see very many situations in which carrying a gun would make a whole lot of situations better. Concealed weapons... Ok, but in my opinion still unnecessary. Openly carrying guns? FOR WHAT?
    This posted by "Lauren". Um, news flash hon, you have a much better chance with a gun against a man with a gun, then if you didn't have a gun. Like, hello?

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    As a petite sized woman, carrying a gun won't ever to anything for me if my attacker also has a gun. In all honesty I can't really see very many situations in which carrying a gun would make a whole lot of situations better. Concealed weapons... Ok, but in my opinion still unnecessary. Openly carrying guns? FOR WHAT?
    This posted by "Lauren". Um, news flash hon, you have a much better chance with a gun against a man with a gun, then if you didn't have a gun. Like, hello?
    i hope that if she ever has a "situation" arise there is someone nearby to ........ oh, i dunno.... use a gun to stop the attack?

guns, they are not just for the bad guys !
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~