• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wish you would come downriver and help out here!!!

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Is there a restaurant close by your pd? It would only be proper to invite them for tea & crumpets. Seriously, invite them for grub, everyone's gotta eat!

Otherwise, just pick a place in walking distance for breakfast / whatnot and then we can hand-deliver some information to them. It seems Saturdays tend to yield the best attendance so long as there is a little notice.

mikestilly

imported post

What city is this??? Riverview south of Southgate? We talking about the Riverview PD? Please list the info so we can make a stop at the PD to drop off a packet. Too bad you didnt get the name, who was the person you spoke with?

Also you are free to join us for a OC lunch after TheSzerdi's court appearance.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
elvis1935 wrote:
Yes set something up I just went to the state police in taylor and they said the same thing you can not oc in this state.

So I would love to learn more.

hmm... MSP should [and usually does] know better than that.

Its a bit of a drive but provided I'm not busy, I'll be happy to join you for an OC party!
Do Not Invite this guy He eats more than Me and He will make Money off the Movie He Makes Directs And Stars In !!!
:monkey:what::monkey:what::monkey
Don't listen to him either, he wanted to be my 'agent' and make some movie money too!
:celebrate:shock::celebrate:shock::celebrate

Viper068

imported post

I live in Romulus my Dad lives in Southgate and on a lot of saturday mornings I take him to breakfast at Ram's Horn on Fort St not had a problem so far most times around 9:00am or so I will be there this saturday let me know:)

elvis1935

imported post

I don't live but 2 min. form the rams horn my email addy is elvis19352000@yahoo.com email me and I will send you my phone number so we can talk some time and this goes for anyone in my area I would love to learn more.

Thanks for your time.

mikestilly

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
What city is this??? Riverview south of Southgate? We talking about the Riverview PD? Please list the info so we can make a stop at the PD to drop off a packet. Too bad you didnt get the name, who was the person you spoke with?

Also you are free to join us for a OC lunch after TheSzerdi's court appearance.

Still couldn't get the above questions answered. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time to make calls right now. Maybe someone else thats going can call you. We will be down there the 16th and if you're free you could meet up with us for an OC lunch. It's up to you.

Mike

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

I believe so Mike. In that it is Riverview. From what I gather, the guy walked in to the Riverview PD and ASKED? If OC is legal...I have not personally dropped a packet at this location. However may do so later today.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

FYI:Downriver is the unofficial name for a collection of 18 suburban cities and townships in Wayne County, Michigan south of Detroit along the western shore of the Detroit River.
[*]Allen Park
[*]Brownstown Township
[*]Ecorse
[*]Flat Rock
[*]Gibraltar
[*]Grosse Ile
[*]Huron Charter Township
[*]Lincoln Park
[*]Melvindale
[*]River Rouge
[*]Riverview
[*]Rockwood
[*]Romulus
[*]Southgate
[*]Taylor
[*]Trenton
[*]Woodhaven
[*]Wyandotte
[*]
Downriver communities near Detroit and Dearborn (such as Allen Park, Lincoln Park, Wyandotte, River Rouge, Melvindale and Ecorse) were developed in the 1920s-1940s and are identified by brick and mortar homes (often bungalows), tree-lined streets and Works Progress Administration-designed municipal buildings. Communities that developed further south — like Southgate, Taylor, Riverview, and Trenton — in the 1950s-1970s are more closely identified as tract homes and subdivisions. Through the 1980s, areas such as Huron Township, Flat Rock, Rockwood, Woodhaven and Romulus were undeveloped, some of which still have operating farms.

The Downriver cities of Ecorse, Gibraltar, River Rouge, Riverview, Trenton and Wyandotte as well as Brownstown Township directly border the Detroit River. Grosse Ile Township is an island community located in the middle of the Detroit River between mainland Downriver communities and the Canadian towns of LaSalle, Ontario and Amherstburg, Ontario.

Socially speaking, the Downriver communities collectively have a distinct cultural identity within suburban Detroit although some individual Downriver communities share many similarities with towns in the western, northern and eastern suburbs of Detroit.

Taylor is the most populous city in the Downriver area and includes the Wayne County Community College Downriver Campus, Michigan State Police Metro South Post, Southland Center, a state of the art sports complex called the Taylor Sportsplex, Oakwood Heritage hospital, Taylor Meadows and Lakes of Taylor golf courses, Wallside Windows Factory, Cruisin' Telegraph, and a very large park called "Heritage Park" in the center of the city where in August, the city hosts the Junior League World Series

mikestilly

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
I believe so Mike. In that it is Riverview. From what I gather, the guy walked in to the Riverview PD and ASKED? If OC is legal...I have not personally dropped a packet at this location. However may do so later today.

Do me a favor and let me know if you drop off the packet so I don't waste my time driving out there. If you do Ialso suggest speaking with the person who he spoke with or the person at the desk so they know whats up.

Not sure why you listed off a big definition of down river. I definitely know what it is I've lived here all my life and have dated someone from down river for wuite some time.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Ya I will drop it off today or tommarrow Mike. Seems some people think Monroe,Milan and other southern counties/cities are a part of downriver...Just wanted to clarify.
I appreciated the history lesson Wardog.I have always considered everything south of D as downriver. I know there are business that include "Downriver" in their name that are not located in those municipalities.

elvis1935

imported post

I am so sorry I did not say were but yes it is south of southgate I hope I did not make anyone mad Also I would love to talk to some of you so Would it be safe to post me cell number or could you send me an email with yours or I could send you mine if you send me an email.

Thanks for your time and again I am sorry.

robbielp539

imported post

I would love to meet up with you guys at Ram's Horn sometime. I live in Wyandotte, 2 streets off of Fort off near Oak. We could meet at my house and walk to Ram's Horn. I'm sure my neighbors would love that one. he he he