• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wish you would come downriver and help out here!!!

elvis1935

imported post

I live down in riverview and was told that if i was seen oc'ing then i would be taken to jail so I would love for you guys to come down this way and help out.

Thanks for your time and god bless.

elvis1935

imported post

The lady at the front desk that I asked about oc'ing in this state.

EM87

imported post

Threats like that hold no water. If you know the laws and are not breaking any, you can not get in legal trouble that will not be thrown out in court. Carry a recorder and some OC info packets with you and know WASH, WRINSE, REPEAT backwards and forwards.

Start OCing in small steps. Attend an OC event. There's a list of them on this site somewhere. Perhaps send the department another information packet.

I personally would not rely on one person's opinion that you would be arrested. Talk to the people here - we haven't had any members arrested for OC.

mikestilly

imported post

I'm far from ya on the east side but will be in Allen Park for Szerdi court date. Why dont you join us for lunch. Maybe we'll stop by their PD and drop off an LEO packet while OC'ing. The date is on the Szerdi thread.

Mike

FatboyCykes

imported post

robbielp539 wrote:
When were you in Wyandotte? I wish I would have known, but then again I am new here. I would love to have another opportunity to help educate.

Set it up, they will come. Not every event has to have 20-30 people, four or five is great. Pick a time, day and place and set it in stone, intraweb stone.

elvis1935

imported post

Yes set something up I just went to the state police in taylor and they said the same thing you can not oc in this state.

So I would love to learn more.

autosurgeon

imported post

Because a good share of the time they either do NOT know the law or pretend to not know it. Some of them like to discourage you from exercising your rights BC they feel it may make their job harder or BC they like flexing the badge.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

elvis1935 wrote:
Yes set something up I just went to the state police in taylor and they said the same thing you can not oc in this state.

hmm... MSP should [and usually does] know better than that.

Its a bit of a drive but provided I'm not busy, I'll be happy to join you for an OC party!

taxwhat

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
elvis1935 wrote:

hmm... MSP should [and usually does] know better than that.

Its a bit of a drive but provided I'm not busy, I'll be happy to join you for an OC party!
Do Not Invite this guy He eats more than Me and He will make Money off the Movie He Makes Directs And Stars In !!!
:monkey:what::monkey:what::monkey