Thread: Newbie from Lees Summit. Hello all.

Post imported post

Just recently purchased my first handgun in years and Ive been oc`ing as much as possible. I rehab houses mostly in kcmo and after watching two teens chase 3 younger kids down the street firing an assault rifle and sa pistol at them..... I decided to arm myself. Plus, walking into empty houses in high crime neighborhoods alone, with a bat isnt my idea of a good time. Add to that $6000 worth of tools stolen in six months.....I think u can get the picture. So i would rather be seen walking in a house armed than concealed.

Btw, I have carried in Walmart and HyVee on 291 hwy w no issues as well as several gas stations and other businesses in LS. I do think ahead prior to entering any estalishment.

And thanks for the great info. Glad i found this forum right before picking up my new pistol.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Welcome GnL,

What modeldid you get?

Post imported post

21SF

Post imported post

glockdnloaded wrote:
    21SF
    45..nice. I carry my G22 in a serpa...I think you will really like it if you try one.

Post imported post

Glockdnloaded, welcome. Be sure to read and study laws so you don't get popped.

I have a Blackhawk SERPA for my Beretta. Love the thing.a

Post imported post

I have looked at the serpa and was thinking of purchasing one, so thanks for the info! I got the case, 3 mags and two holster with my gun, so Im stocking up on ammo right now. But the surpa is in the hunt for future purchases.

And i have been checking all the city info as well, and made a list to keep with me, in case i have a question about where i can oc. So thanks everyone!

Post imported post

Welcome to Lees Summit OC there is a few of us and growing, I dont get hassled in LS and I OC everywhere legal, my wife got asked about my weapon at walmart tonight from a customer that has been thinking of OCing, hope to run into you out there

Chesterfield, St. Louis County, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

I carry a Glock 23 and agreethat aSERPA holster is definintely the way to go when carrying OWB.

Just curious though,did theGlock 21SFmodel you bought come with a Picatinny Accessory Rail or the Standard Glock Rail? I'm not 100% sure on this, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong,but I've heard that the Picatinny Accessory Rail model willonly fit in duty holsters. Like I said, not 100% on that, but might be worth checking out with Blackhawk before you make a purchase or order online.