• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie from Lees Summit. Hello all.

glockdnloaded

imported post

Just recently purchased my first handgun in years and Ive been oc`ing as much as possible. I rehab houses mostly in kcmo and after watching two teens chase 3 younger kids down the street firing an assault rifle and sa pistol at them..... I decided to arm myself. Plus, walking into empty houses in high crime neighborhoods alone, with a bat isnt my idea of a good time. Add to that $6000 worth of tools stolen in six months.....I think u can get the picture. So i would rather be seen walking in a house armed than concealed.

Btw, I have carried in Walmart and HyVee on 291 hwy w no issues as well as several gas stations and other businesses in LS. I do think ahead prior to entering any estalishment.

And thanks for the great info. Glad i found this forum right before picking up my new pistol.

cash50

imported post

Glockdnloaded, welcome. Be sure to read and study laws so you don't get popped.

I have a Blackhawk SERPA for my Beretta. Love the thing.a

glockdnloaded

imported post

I have looked at the serpa and was thinking of purchasing one, so thanks for the info! I got the case, 3 mags and two holster with my gun, so Im stocking up on ammo right now. But the surpa is in the hunt for future purchases.

And i have been checking all the city info as well, and made a list to keep with me, in case i have a question about where i can oc. So thanks everyone!

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to Lees Summit OC there is a few of us and growing, I dont get hassled in LS and I OC everywhere legal, my wife got asked about my weapon at walmart tonight from a customer that has been thinking of OCing, hope to run into you out there

Alcibiades

imported post

I carry a Glock 23 and agreethat aSERPA holster is definintely the way to go when carrying OWB.

Just curious though,did theGlock 21SFmodel you bought come with a Picatinny Accessory Rail or the Standard Glock Rail? I'm not 100% sure on this, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong,but I've heard that the Picatinny Accessory Rail model willonly fit in duty holsters. Like I said, not 100% on that, but might be worth checking out with Blackhawk before you make a purchase or order online.