• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jeff Wagner Show 620wtmj Today (podcast)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

http://media2.620wtmj.com/wagner/030910_Hour2.mp3

Discussion of the case begins at the 19:10 mark.

I called in later in the program and got the final word. (Other than Jeff's of course)

Darrin M sent me an email while the show was going on, I quickly sent out a tweet (twitter message) to all WCI followers on twitter alerting them to the program, and was able to call in and get on the show.

Great example of how we can all work together to get our message out there using the technology we have to allow our voice to be heard. Great job Darrin!

barronburke

imported post

Great job Nick on the call in they kind of cut you off at the end because of time But you were well spoken and I think you had some great points that are hard to argue with Good work and see you tomm.

hunter9mm

imported post

Just got finished listening. Wagner's point about freaking out the general public does make sense.....today.:cry: My thought is that we need to carry more to "Lower the sensitivy level" the public has today. If all the soccer Moms at the grocery store see it every day, just like anything new or different, it won't be newsworthy any more.

Just think about the first time you ever saw one of these.....
snaz75_2094_1400082913
:what::lol::lol:

Good job Nik :celebrate

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The funny thing is about Jeff Wagner's position is it seems to be "Open carry is fine in principle, but just because people will be offended, it might not be a good idea"

I think that's something I might have even thought long ago.

Having seen OC in practice. Its just NO big deal. No one runs for the door. No one grabs their kids and heads for a different aisle.

Its just NOT a big deal with anyone.

There are some anti-gun people who are gonna be against it despite any amount of data or demonstration of the merits of personal protection, but for the rest of the people, when they see "carry" being exercised and nothing happens, THAT changes perceptions.

I think maybe people who are supportive of gun rights but not ready to push any limits are a little too 'gun-shy' if you will.

I think they are so concerned about 'hurting the cause' that they lose sight of what the cause really is. NO offense at all intended to anyone but 'the cause' is the rights of law-abiding citizens. The cause is personal protection. The cause is the triumph of reality and common sense over fear and ignorance.

"out of sight out of mind" doesn't advance the cause.

Wisconsin Carry totally supports conceal carry. We'll take whatever we can get while we push for the most expansive conceal carry right we can.

For me personally I have to ask if 'out of sight out of mind' is the solution, then what happens when you print in your t-shirt?

What happens when your jacket flies open?

You'll still have a problem down the road.

Gun-rights 'sympathizers' I think may be a little so worried about hurting the cause they lose an opportunity.

"out of sight out of mind" doesn't change attitudes. "out of sight out of mind" doesn't tell a story. "Out of sight out of mind" doesn't validate the reality of the merits and safety of law-abiding citizens having guns.

Besides all that, as I said to Jeff today on-air. Open-carry is a practical matter as well. When you take your jacket off, when you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt. We have a practical problem in winter with Open Carry only avoiding Conceal Carry with jackets etc. In the summer, if there was conceal carry only we'd have the same practical problem of avoiding Open-carry with certain kinds of dress.

I think if Jeff Wagner went out and open-carried he'd see that it doesn't hurt the cause. He'd see his visions of people 'being weirded out' aren't reality. And even his own thoughts that "he" would be weirded out would quickly dissolve faced with the non-event that is lawful open-carry.

jefferson 4 prez

imported post

Outstanding work Nik. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I was available to call in to that show and attempt to set some things straight.

Finally an individual to counter theignorant callers that we usually hear from (ie "Charles").You couldn't have represented our cause better.

Jeff had no choice but to cut you off, debating toe to toe was an unfair match. Every argument he had you defeated with ease.

Glockface

imported post

I heard the show and Nick sounded great.Wagner doesn't get it.Just like the guy who called in before him.

jmoll9571

imported post

Way to go Nik, just heard the show.. Seems to me Jeffs just waiting to become a victim! Thats his choice....:(

oak1971

imported post

Wagner is more than a little weak in the knees. But then so are many folks. I bet if you could get Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barret drunk enough he would admit to wishing for gun when he got beat up at State Fair.