Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROFLOL - Ya Gotta Love That Girlfriend!

Post imported post

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

He said his girlfriend texted him, warning him she saw a gun in someone's pocket just before a man appeared and shot him in the leg. That's when Chris' girlfriend, who drove in a second car, pulled out a gun and opened fire. Chris also had a gun and fired back. "Never once did it cross my mind that I would have to use my gun," said Chris.
    The girlfriend opens fire?

Woof...That's hot...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Gotta like a girlfriend like that. Talk about having your back ...
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Too bad cloning is illegal, then there would be 2 like her.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

HOTTTTTT!!
    Too bad about the car, though I'm not partial to the 3rd gen Camaro's...

Post imported post

CoupeDevil wrote:
    HOTTTTTT!!
    I am Not a fan of any GM garbage, but back to point that is one hot girlfriend.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    CoupeDevil wrote:
    HOTTTTTT!!
    I am Not a fan of any GM garbage, but back to point that is one hot girlfriend.
    GM garbage? My most reliable cars have all been Chevy's. Early American cars were great machines. I wont deny the garbage that comes out these days, but I'll take my 79 Malibu over your 2010 Honda any day.

Super hot girlfriend. All the ladies i know like to shoot too!

Post imported post

CoupeDevil wrote:
    GM garbage? My most reliable cars have all been Chevy's. Early American cars were great machines.
    I am STILL DRIVING the engine out of my 1981 Chevy LUV diesel. Just the engine? Yes, the body rotted away and I transplanted it...

The catch?

It's actually an Isusu engine.... Even that far back, the only good American car was Foreign under the hood. It has one and a half MILLION miles on it, all original. The earlier LUVs were all Isuzu too, even the gassers. Even better, I still get 40+ mpg out of it, and run biofuel (veg oil).

The Duramax? Yup, still made by Isuzu even in 2010... And people wonder how our economy could bust? I wonder how it managed to last this long...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ichigan+pistol

It's a good thing that alleged criminal didn't come across a MI pistol. Bad news bears...

Post imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ichigan+pistol

It's a good thing that alleged criminal didn't come across a MI pistol. Bad news bears...
    glad to see the michigan pistol term get used!

its the only way we are allowed to keep a "long arm"(at least by federal definition)loaded and anywhere in the vehicle,with a cpl of course.

and if a self defence situation were ever to arise where a michigan pistol was used...id almost have to feel sorry for the BG

this was a good SD story though.

not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

that is one hot GF. i don't care what she looks like.

Post imported post

Bad idea to make them always come to you. That's not terribly good advice. Not only do you run every percentage of the same chance they are going to pull the same crap, but you are showing them where you live, and where the vehicle is stored/how it's stored.

A "Public Place" would be great too, but frankly, there isn't anything wrong with what he did. He went armed, and although he was clearly not mentally prepared for the task that day, he was physically capable of defending himself, and he even brought backup. Now that's smart!

I make a habit of not showing the pink slip until I have seen the green. That way, if its bogus, they don't have paperwork showing them where I live.

Just a couple of thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

Really? What kind of idiot drives to the BUYER? The buyer is always the one that is supposed to go where the car is sold. If I want to buy a car 2 states over, I'm not going to tell the owner to drive it to me, I'm going to have to go to him. This guy is a dumb ass for meeting in a dead end street. Should of met at a brightly lit gas station or something.

Regular Member American Traditional Citizens (ACT)'s Avatar

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    CoupeDevil wrote:
    GM garbage? My most reliable cars have all been Chevy's. Early American cars were great machines.
    I am STILL DRIVING the engine out of my 1981 Chevy LUV diesel.* Just the engine?* Yes, the body rotted away and I transplanted it...

The catch?

It's actually an Isusu engine....* Even that far back, the only good American car was Foreign under the hood.* It has one and a half MILLION miles on it, all original.* The earlier LUVs were all Isuzu too, even the gassers.* Even better, I still get 40+ mpg out of it, and run biofuel (veg oil).

The Duramax?* Yup, still made by Isuzu even in 2010...* And people wonder how our economy could bust?* I wonder how it managed to last this long...
    I agree 100%.. I have a 28' Chevy that still runs better than the crap today.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Reagan

Freedom Begins with You! Dont Let Yours Slip Away.

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    Really? What kind of idiot drives to the BUYER? The buyer is always the one that is supposed to go where the car is sold. If I want to buy a car 2 states over, I'm not going to tell the owner to drive it to me, I'm going to have to go to him. This guy is a dumb ass for meeting in a dead end street. Should of met at a brightly lit gas station or something.
    I would have to agree. But its a shame people can't trust one another. Shooting someone over a car. Sounds like a meth head to me.

Post imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
    Bad idea to make them always come to you. That's not terribly good advice. Not only do you run every percentage of the same chance they are going to pull the same crap, but you are showing them where you live, and where the vehicle is stored/how it's stored.

A "Public Place" would be great too, but frankly, there isn't anything wrong with what he did. He went armed, and although he was clearly not mentally prepared for the task that day, he was physically capable of defending himself, and he even brought backup. Now that's smart!...
    Going to them is not inherently a bad idea if the deal is to get cash FROM them.

Of course, going to a bad neighborhood/setting is foolish. Why did Chris go to a dead end street (after multiple other stops)? He must have gotten a good price on the car, I guess. And maybe felt invincible since he had his gun and his girlfriend had one too. He probably should have bailed before getting to the last stop.

There's some missing parts in this story. It's kind of odd how two armed people started going from place to place to get the money. And how, exactly, was the Camaro stolen?

Frankly, it's a poor way to select a robbing victim. And an odd way to steal a car.

If the story is kosher, then it was very cool to have the girlfriend back Chris up. May have saved his life.

Craigslist Seller Shot While Trying To Sell Car

DAYTON, Ohio -- A man from Colerain Township continues to recover after being shot Sunday afternoon.

The victim named "Chris" – who didn't want to give his last name – traveled to Dayton, Ohio to sell his 1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 after listing the car for sale on craigslist. After meeting the buyer to pay for the car, someone ambushed and shot him, then stole the car.

Chris says the buyer first contacted him and told him he would pay cash for his car.

"My girlfriend's dad told me not to come up here [Dayton]. He said. 'Don't do it, make him come down to Cincinnati to get it.' I should have listened," said Chris, from his Dayton area hospital bed.

Chris had surgery Monday to insert a rod to repair his leg. He continues to recover.

Chris says that he, the prospective buyer and his girlfriend, all met in Dayton then traveled down to Cincinnati to notarize the title.

"I go to ask him for the money and he says 'I forgot the money in Dayton', so I said 'Okay'. That's when it started getting a little bit fishy," said Chris.

He said the buyer kept telling him different locations to meet to get the money. Chris said they ended up meeting on a dead-end street.

He said his girlfriend texted him, warning him she saw a gun in someone's pocket just before a man appeared and shot him in the leg.

That's when Chris' girlfriend, who drove in a second car, pulled out a gun and opened fire.

Chris also had a gun and fired back.

"Never once did it cross my mind that I would have to use my gun," said Chris.

Both Chris and his girlfriend got about four blocks away before calling police for help.

Cincinnati Police say if you're selling on craigslist, always meet in public and tell a friend.

"You don't want someone tricking you to go down a small street where you can easily be robbed," said Sergeant Eric Franz, with Cincinnati Police. “You want to meet them in a public place, a Bob Evans, a gas station, somewhere with a lot of people and surveillance equipment.”

As for Chris, he wants others to learn from his mistake.

"Don't ever take anything to them. Make them come to you," said Chris.

Police say they've also seen a lot of people using bogus cashier’s checks to try to buy big ticket items like cars from craigslist sellers and eBay.

Dayton police have arrested 20-year-old Terrill Garret in the case. He's charged with felonious assault and aggravated assault.

They say still they haven't found the stolen Camaro.

Banned

Post imported post

Chris needs to learn to pay attention to his radar.

Post imported post

BUG - Back Up Girlfriend
    Don't leave home without one.

So is she a lefty aiming out the window, or shooting week side because of
    the timing needed to render aid?
    Dead end street, how the heck did the other car get away?

Are you going to ask the da, judge to give you the gun as part of restitution.
    Great mantle piece to have, yup that's the one that shot me. I keep it on the
    wall so it won't do it again. Bad, Bad Gun!!

IANAL, can you be held liable for a gun with a history of attacking people
    if it shoots an intruder in your home?

Banned

Post imported post

Nah. Just hold the gun responsible. It's its fault.

Post imported post

I agree with meeting at Bob Evans for private sales of property. That's good eating.

Post imported post

BUG - Back Up Girlfriend
    Don't leave home without one.

LOL that's a good one!

Post imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:

A "Public Place" would be great too, but frankly, there isn't anything wrong with what he did. He went armed, and although he was clearly not mentally prepared for the task that day, he was physically capable of defending himself, and he even brought backup. Now that's smart!

I make a habit of not showing the pink slip until I have seen the green. That way, if its bogus, they don't have paperwork showing them where I live.

Just a couple of thoughts.
    I have to agree. I use several Yahoo sites for free/for sale items, and I never, EVER have people come to my home. Even when we sold a window AC unit, we took it to the buyer. Sensible precautions, like meeting in a public place, going armed, etc. are all great, and this man and his girlfriend were prepared. Safest, if in doubt, is meet in a public place, in an area you KNOW is safe, and populated. In this fellow's case, he should have told them to get the money then meet him back in a safe location. X amount of time he would wait, and then he was gone. Most times, it isn't a planned scam, but you never know.

When we were in Florida, a member of one of those groups posted about something that happened to her. She agreed to meet someone to exchange an item, and the location was public, but pretty secluded (a park or something, in the evening). This guy tried to attack her, and she barely got away. Good reason to not go alone, or not go unarmed. 99 out of 100 such encounters could be safe, but it's that one you have to be ready for!

Post imported post

BBR-14 wrote:
    BUG -* Back Up Girlfriend
    * Don't leave home without one.

LOL that's a good one!
    Love the idea of BUBs, too. Back up boyfriends for independent females!

"SWF, looking for: 6'5"+ male under 32 in good shape who loves cooking, playing outside, has a great sense of humor, and oh yeah... can back me up in a gun fight."

Post imported post

smokeshow515 wrote:
    Love the idea of BUBs, too. Back up boyfriends for independent females!

"SWF, looking for: 6'5"+ male under 32 in good shape who loves cooking, playing outside, has a great sense of humor, and oh yeah... can back me up in a gun fight."
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Amen to that sister!
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

Well, except for the under 32, good shape, single, and 6'5". I'm your man.
    But wife doesn't share, except for her speed loaders, brought up sharing
    and was told over my dead body.

Still want to know if the girlfriend was shooting out drivers window weak arm,
    parked perpendicular to sale car and shot strong arm across chest, or came
    out of car and used door for cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast