Thread: OC experience CA, NV, UT and In-N-Out

Post imported post

Drove last month from SJ to Utah. OC all the way except in UT where I concealed. Only stop in NV was in Winnemucca where I filled up and used the convenience store. No issues what so ever. Wore my G19. On return to SJ same stops, except spent the night in Winny. No issues again. (in NV was LOC)

Last week returning from Oakley I stopped at In-N-Out in Antioch while UOC. This time had my .38 S&W AirWeight. Went inside, stood in line, ordered and waited a few minutes. Then had to go to car, returned, and got order. Then went back to car and back to restaurant (which, btw, was full) all the time with .38 in plain view. No issues also here. No one said anything. No one asked me any thing. No screams of "MWG" no fainting mothers and no panicky children running away. It was business as usual.

I was alone except for the two day workers at In-N-Out that had worked for me that day. My son accompanied me to UT.

Post imported post

Isn't it great to visit the Free World, if only for a short time?
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I OC'd into the In-N-Out at Atlantic and Huntington and the cashier that took my order asked me if my gun was a Glock!

Other unexpected friendly experiences. . . Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Ralphs (where they asked me to stay because late nights they get a bad crowd).

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    I OC'd into the In-N-Out at Atlantic and Huntington and the cashier that took my order asked me if my gun was a Glock!

Other unexpected friendly experiences. . . Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Ralphs (where they asked me to stay because late nights they get a bad crowd).
    That's funny right there, Theseus! Ralph's gives tons of money every year to the 'Gifts for Guns' disarmament program.

Post imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
    Theseus wrote:

That's funny right there, Theseus! Ralph's gives tons of money every year to the 'Gifts for Guns' disarmament program.
    Jackholes...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
    Theseus wrote:

I still go into that very Ralphs and still asked every once in a while why I am not carrying. Like I have said before, the citizens of Alhambra didn't care that I was open carrying, only some politically driven figure here.

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:

that's interesting to say the least. I don't know how long i would stay in a bar that requested that, maybe thats just me lol.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
    Theseus wrote:

Time to stop shopping at Ralph's.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Drove last month from SJ to Utah. OC all the way except in UT where I concealed.
    Utah welcomes OC as well, no need to conceal here.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
    Theseus wrote:

that's interesting to say the least. I don't know how long i would stay in a bar that requested that, maybe thats just me lol.
    Ralphs is a grocery store. And I didn't worry. . . I was armed.

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    Drove last month from SJ to Utah. OC all the way except in UT where I concealed.
    Utah welcomes OC as well, no need to conceal here.
    I know, but if I had my druthers I'd conceal over OC. Of course not in the PRK, but in the land of the free, Utah, where I have a CFP. I do like Nevada's law, LOC for anyone qualified.

One more point I didn't mention. I switched to my AirWeight because I found the G19 with Safariland holster just a bit too heavy for me. This was in In-N-Out. I guess as one gets older the lightness of the weapon plays a small role. Besides, it was my off-duty weapon and I hold it dear to my heart. I remember paying only $99 for it back in 1971. Still looks like new to this day.