Thread: Guns OK, but no shooting in Lewis County parks

Post imported post

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Guns OK, but no shooting in Lewis County parks Lewis County commissioners plan to vote March 22 to create "no shooting" zones at county parks.
    The Associated Press
    CHEHALIS, Wash. — Lewis County commissioners plan to vote March 22 to create "no shooting" zones at county parks.
    Commissioner Ron Averill told KITI they can't ban guns in parks because of the state law that was clarified by an attempt to ban guns in Seattle parks.
    Averill says the "no shooting" zones should at least set the tone for county parks.
    ---

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Guns OK, but no shooting in Lewis County parks Lewis County commissioners plan to vote March 22 to create "no shooting" zones at county parks.
    The Associated Press
    CHEHALIS, Wash. — Lewis County commissioners plan to vote March 22 to create "no shooting" zones at county parks.
    Commissioner Ron Averill told KITI they can't ban guns in parks because of the state law that was clarified by an attempt to ban guns in Seattle parks.
    Averill says the "no shooting" zones should at least set the tone for county parks.
    ---

That is more than acceptable and within State law. The "no shooting" in no way prevents you from shooting is defense of yourself and others.

Post imported post

Isn't it already illegal? Or are the parks not located in a city where people and property would likely suffer injury or damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

It certainly wouldn't be responsible behavior in any case.

Post imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
    Isn't it already illegal? Or are the parks not located in a city where people and property would likely suffer injury or damage?
    Probably, but they (the county commissioners)have to look like they are doing something, don't they.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Post imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
    RCW 9.41.300

2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

Is this one of the Counties where they were refusing to lift the ban on possession in parks?

• Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

I don't believe that there ever was an issue with carrying in parks here. Just a reaction to the furor of other places. No shooting is fine with me. There aren't many county parks that would lend themselves to shooting down here anyway.