• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Events in Bay Area June/July '10?

Cali OCer 88

imported post

Greetings, everyone, especially my fellow Bay Area resdents!

I was wondering if there are any open carry events planned in the Bay Area for around June or July. I am a San Jose born and raised Marine currently deployed to Afghanistan, and should be home on leave during the aforementioned time period. I purchased my first handgun shortly before I deployed and so have never OCed before. I am however, eager to join you all as soon as possible in supporting our right to bear arms. If no events are taking place I would love to organize one!

Thanks and I'm glad to be part of the online open carry community, finally!

brad9point0

imported post

Nothing really planned that far out but there is always something going on weekly and usually at least one BIG event monthly! Look on the board as time gets closer.

Stay safe!

JJ

imported post

Welcome to the forum 88!!

Before exercising your rights please be sure to read up on relevant laws and restrictions regarding Unloaded Open Carry. This web site has a wealth of information. DO YOUR HOMEWORK first. I followed this forum and read case law, etc. for over 5 months before I started carrying.

There is a meet up the first Saturday of the month usually posted here in advance.

Also, there are other meet ups (some weekly) you can find on Facebook. Do a search for "Bay Area Open Carry" and "East Bay Open Carry" on Facebook.

JJ

Cali OCer 88

imported post

Thanks for the quick response, guys. I figured it might be a little early, but it never hurts to check.

I've been following the website and reading up on UOCing for a couple months before joining, but as always, I'll keep educating myself on laws old and new.

Hope to see you in a few months!

dirtykoala

imported post

Is this gonna be your post deployment leave? We should have a welcome home uoc BBQ for you either way. Maybe in alum rock park or something.

Who are you with? I left CLR 2-5 in 2007 and have been home since. Never deployed to the sand box though...

Semper fi!