• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the LCC estableshment thing.....???

thedrummerman

imported post

An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act (BAR). ... what about kroger / 7-11 / gas station with beer / ???

Sooooo glad i finally discovered my right to open carry. More need to be informed for sure. Thanks,,

lil_freak_66

imported post

there was something said bout CC being legal in places that sell alcohol,but do not serve it.

im busy and cannot provide a citeright nowso dont take my word as anything even close to law.

but im sure somebody will chime in soon with the cite.

welcome!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

thedrummerman wrote:
An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act (BAR). ... what about kroger / 7-11 / gas station with beer / ???

Sooooo glad i finally discovered my right to open carry. More need to be informed for sure. Thanks,,

If you have a CPL you can CC or OC in any of these places. You can not CC in a Bar type place, but you can OC.

If you do NOT have a CPL you can not possess a firearm on any place that has a liquor license. Which includes a Kroger, party stores, gas stations (beer and wine), etc...

mikestilly

imported post

I can help here ..

If you do not have a CPL then you cannot bring a firearm in to anywhere alcohol is sold.

Below is the law you must follow without a CPL open carrying:

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 234d.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.

(b) A church or other house of religious worship.

(c) A court.

(d) A theatre.

(e) A sports arena.

(f) A day care center.

(g) A hospital.

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.

(b) A peace officer.

(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(atzpndzzbs5u5t3esvpfb245))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=mcl-750-234d&query=on&highlight=firearm

SpringerXDacp

imported post

thedrummerman wrote:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(yxi25m55b1keq53pcj3vk1v2))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-234d

If you have a CPL you can OC or CC at Kroger, 7-11, Meijer, Gas Stations that sell alcohol, Etc. If you do not have a CPL you can OC in said places only with permission from the owner/agent. With a CPL you can OC in "Bars" but can not CC (28.425o) unless you are exempt under Section 5o.

ETA: Oops! Late to the game.

Bronson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I can help here ..

If you do not have a CPL then you cannot bring a firearm in to anywhere alcohol is sold.

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
By the wording of the law they do not have to actually sell alcohol, they only have to be licensed to do so. Although I gotta think that the number of places that would go through the hassle of getting a liquor license and then NOT sell alcohol would be very very small the possibility still exists.

Bronson

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Bronson wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I can help here ..

By the wording of the law they do not have to actually sell alcohol, they only have to be licensed to do so. Although I gotta think that the number of places that would go through the hassle of getting a liquor license and then NOT sell alcohol would be very very small the possibility still exists.

Bronson
What better way to keep CPL-less OCers out?:banghead:

This law is one of the main reasons why I (anyone 18-20y11m,without a CPL)can't OC in but a handful of stores. Making OC without a CPL almost pointless..... almost.

Unlicensed vehicle carry and the ability to OC without a CPL into anywhere, but ??? Should be our states, if not every states stance.

But then who would pay for the CPL fee....

SpringerXDacp

imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
Bronson wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I can help here ..

Bronson
What better way to keep CPL-less OCers out?:banghead:

This law is one of the main reasons why I (anyone 18-20y11m,without a CPL)can't OC in but a handful of stores. Making OC without a CPL almost pointless..... almost.

Unlicensed vehicle carry and the ability to OC without a CPL into anywhere, but ??? Should be our states, if not every states stance.

But then who would pay for the CPL fee....
Exactly. 200,000 CPL's x $105 = $21,000,000