• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycotted Peet's Coffee Today

TatankaGap

imported post

Nopal wrote:
Whatever you do to the bean, remember to use their pen when filling out the card. LetPeet's pay for the ink, too.
It's a common practice when boycotting stores to even go in and shop a whole basket, use up a bunch of store clerk time and energy, back up the other customers in the line, and then suddenly remember that they are disrespecting your rights and refuse to purchase the products - make them put them all back -

worked great when people did this to boycott supermarkets though it is a more active form of boycotting - :dude:

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Staying on the high road will earn more support from those not already on board.

That bakery is described as European style. How European?? UOC in France?

Anthony_I_Am

imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
Nopal wrote:
Whatever you do to the bean, remember to use their pen when filling out the card. LetPeet's pay for the ink, too.
It's a common practice when boycotting stores to even go in and shop a whole basket, use up a bunch of store clerk time and energy, back up the other customers in the line, and then suddenly remember that they are disrespecting your rights and refuse to purchase the products - make them put them all back -

worked great when people did this to boycott supermarkets though it is a more active form of boycotting - :dude:
Yeah we used to do that in the 8th grade.

coolusername2007

imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
And Mr. Peet's Coffee store manager will just wipe his ass with your comment form.

Comment forms are sort of like the "customer comments" section on a company's website. Totally worthless. The good comments they forward to higher up. The bad ones getlost in the process.

Maybe, but smart businesses listen to their customers. Plus they especially listen to those who are not yet customers and lost customersbecausecustomer acquisition costs are so high. You can bet they listen, whether or not you see any outwardly action doesn't mean there isn't any inwardly action.

It is worth mentioning that neither Peet's nor CPK have ever released any policy publicly either on their website, or here, or anywhere else banning lawful open carry. If I was a betting man, I'd bet we could UOC in almost any Peet's or CPK without any incident.

CPK was quotedin a one line statement in a news article from an unnamed "representative", and only one Peet's location posted a homemade sign.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
Nopal wrote:
Whatever you do to the bean, remember to use their pen when filling out the card.  Let Peet's pay for the ink, too.

I always put down my basket of groceries where I stand when the line is unreasonably long.

Boy, does it feel good to give them more stuff to do with they're unwilling to allocate enough man-hours as it is.

We-the-People

imported post

Wouldn't it be better to go into Peet's with the Starbucks cup already in hand and ask for the comment card? Maybe even staple the reciepts from the last couple of weeks to the card?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
TatankaGap wrote:
Nopal wrote:

I always put down my basket of groceries where I stand when the line is unreasonably long.

Boy, does it feel good to give them more stuff to do with they're unwilling to allocate enough man-hours as it is.
As long as you're not leaving "keep refrigerated/frozen until cooking" stuff... don't want to wantonly destroy product.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
marshaul wrote:
TatankaGap wrote:
Nopal wrote:
Whatever you do to the bean, remember to use their pen when filling out the card.  Let Peet's pay for the ink, too.

As long as you're not leaving "keep refrigerated/frozen until cooking" stuff... don't want to wantonly destroy product.
Fair enough, good point.

This has occurred to me, but I didn't think to mention it. But, yes, it must be done non-aggressively. :)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
Nice! I plan on spending $10 there soon on a bag of coffee beans to see what .40 cal Speer gold dot does to it at 40yrds.
Just buy one bean.....$10 is too much to give them.
And after you buy that one bean, add insult to injury and buy some Starbucks coffee and drink it while you shoot the bean... :lol:
I know I'm way out of my element here, but....

Why not 'carry' your Starbucks cup into Peets?

If you can't carry your Gun there, Carry the Competition!

coolusername2007

imported post

ixtow wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
Nice! I plan on spending $10 there soon on a bag of coffee beans to see what .40 cal Speer gold dot does to it at 40yrds.
And after you buy that one bean, add insult to injury and buy some Starbucks coffee and drink it while you shoot the bean... :lol:

If I have a full Starbucks cup in hand why would I need to go into Peet's?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

To empty it as you sit in their A/C?

Cram it into your otherwise empty holster, first?

Maybe you guys aren't as "in your face" as I am....

We-the-People

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
So that you can let them see that you WENT OUT OF YOUR WAY to let them know they lost business.

Better yet, instead of a comment card, just write a note for the manager on a Starbucks napkin (appropriately stained slightly with Starbucks coffee).

coolusername2007

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
So that you can let them see that you WENT OUT OF YOUR WAY to let them know they lost business.

Better yet, instead of a comment card, just write a note for the manager on a Starbucks napkin (appropriately stained slightly with Starbucks coffee).
The person behind the counter won't care. Management would though.

We-the-People

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
We-the-People wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

The person behind the counter won't care. Management would though.

Exactly!!! SAYING in an e-mail you're going to boycott a business has very little impact unless the quantity of received e-mails is very large. On the other hand, taking the time to go out of your way, enter their establishment, write a note by hand, and deliver it personally.......... that shows management, if they are capable ofunderstanding management rather than just a hired slave driver,that people are concerned enough to ACTIVELY demote their business.

The receipts from competitors, the comment card, going out of the way to communicate the message..... all of these are of far more impact than firing off an e-mail from the comfort of your recliner.

True managers known this.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
True managers known this.
I think it is safe to say that Peet's hasn't any of those. They would not have placed hate-speech and propaganda above their business in the first place, if they had any.

On the other hand, it really says something when a person makes such a personal effort to express their boycott. As already mentioned, talk is talk, and almost no one ever cares enough to put in that much effort. Even the indignant lefties who are so pissed off at Starbucks, are still going there... They don't stand for anything but noise and hate. They can't get any kind of boycott rolling, much less have dozens of people making a personal effort to demonstrate it. They scream their hate-speech and wet their panties... That's about it.

Gundude

imported post

I think we should leave Peet's alone too. They chose not to serve UOC'ers and that is their right. We can just go somewhere else.