• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycotted Peet's Coffee Today

TatankaGap

imported post

Happened to see a Peet's Coffee and although I was with my 4 yr old son, we waited in line and asked for a customer comment form.

They were out so she gave me a pen and paper and I wrote the following to the District Manager for this part of California where I'm visiting:

"Dear Mr. _____, Manager, Peet's Coffee

I am intentionally not shopping at Peet's Coffee because you are disrespecting my 2nd Amendment rights. In June, the US Supreme Court is expected to rule that the 2nd Amendment applies in California. At that time, I hope you will revisit your 'no lawful carry' policy.

Sincerely,

/s/" :dude:

No more money for them but I will give them them my 2 cents :celebrate

dirtykoala

imported post

Nice! I plan on spending $10 there soon on a bag of coffee beans to see what .40 cal Speer gold dot does to it at 40yrds.

Gundude

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Nice! I plan on spending $10 there soon on a bag of coffee beans to see what .40 cal Speer gold dot does to it at 40yrds.
Just buy one bean.....$10 is too much to give them.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

And after you buy that one bean, add insult to injury and buy some Starbucks coffee and drink it while you shoot the bean... :lol:

Gundude

imported post

Here is a great place for the next San Diego meetup. No, not peets...next door. Its in Hillcrest.

coolusername2007

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

And after you buy that one bean, add insult to injury and buy some Starbucks coffee and drink it while you shoot the bean... :lol:

Such violence, I'm really appalled. Don't shoot the bean. The bean is just an innocent bystander. Violence won't get us anywhere, even if it is just against one bean. The bean will become a martyr bean. It will be remembered for its sacrifice in the cause.

If you want to make forward progress don't drink the bean. Just keepfilling outcustomer comments, keep telling everyone you know to boycott the bean. Prevent the bean from becoming all it can be.

Gundude

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Such violence, I'm really appalled. Don't shoot the bean. The bean is just an innocent bystander. Violence won't get us anywhere, even if it is just against one bean. The bean will become a martyr bean. It will be remembered for its sacrifice in the cause.

If you want to make forward progress don't drink the bean. Just keepfilling outcustomer comments, keep telling everyone you know to boycott the bean. Prevent the bean from becoming all it can be.
I never shot a bean that didn't need it. (John Wayne)

Decoligny

imported post

Gundude wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

You aren't supposed to shot the bean, you are supposed to beat it into submission with the butt of the gun, and then torture it further by submerging the pieces into a pot of hot water.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Gundude wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

You aren't supposed to shot the bean, you are supposed to beat it into submission with the butt of the gun, and then torture it further by submerging the pieces into a pot of hot water.
And then demean it further by adding creamer and sugar. . .

coolusername2007

imported post

Theseus wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Gundude wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Well, on second thought, maybe we can water canon the bean.

Gundude

Nopal

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Gundude wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Well, on second thought, maybe we can water canon the bean.
Whatever you do to the bean, remember to use their pen when filling out the card. LetPeet's pay for the ink, too.