• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry with me outside St. Charles High School Tomorrow For Obama's visit

cash50

imported post

Hey guys, seeing if anyone wants to open carry outside of St. Charles High School tomorrow. Me and my brother will be there, holding a sign or two, hanging out. If you want to come let me know, you can also pm me and exchange phone numbers.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I vaguely recall somebodywas arrested for doing something along those lines. I think he won his case, but I cannot recall.

Mind the Secret Service security perimeter, and any state laws about 1000' gun-free school zones and so forth.

goalseter88

imported post

i also think you have to have a permit to protest or is that just marching? i recall when they protested in Colorado. they hadto have a designated space for that gun group protesters and i sure if they had a space just for them it was prob a permit or something in order to get that space reserved.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Hey Cash,

If you still plan on picketing at the Obama thing send me your cell #. If by chance I canget out of work early I will meet up with you. to show support. Are you planning on being OC there?

Doc

cash50

imported post

sohighlyunlikely, sorry i didn't get back to you. I don't have access toa computer at work, and had to go straight from there. If you ever wanna meet up, open carry,and do something we could set something up.

cash50

imported post

I needed a MO CCW so I could get close enough to see things, but it was pretty busy out there. Otherwise, uneventful mainly.