• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help on Cali laws

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Can I bring my XD .45 into California if I only have 10 round magazines or is the gun unlawfull even with out the hi cap magazines?

Thanks in advance.

brad9point0

imported post

illegal =( unless you take them apart and permanently place blocks in there to make them 10rd but still i wouldnt risk it. pick up some generic or even OEM 10rd's to be safe. better to spend a few bucks then deal with the hassles of the legal system.

I can personally attest to that.... lol

brad9point0

imported post

sorry, i didnt read it properly. yes the gun is legal. if you are moving here you are required to register them within 60 days but if not ur set to go.

brad9point0

imported post

just be VERY careful if you plan to OC. if for some reason a jacket covers it or by any strange reason it becomes concealed its a felony enhancement if its not registered with the state. shouldnt be a problem but a just in case. =)

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Thanks for the info. 90% of the time I OC every where I go that it is legal to do so in multiple states. I will not UOC or OCfor the 2 days I am in California. Its going to feel pretty strange to be unarmed.

My hat is off to you guys and gals you have a hard job to do getting your rights back, maybe the McDonald case will help. Stay strong.