• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Podcasts of OCDO's John Pierce debates with Brady group's Hennigan & Helmke

fully_armed_biker

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
It always amazes me how the antis think that passing more laws and banning handgunswill somehowstop criminals, whom by definition do not obey the law in the first place, in their tracks.

Last I checked, murder, rape, armed robbery, burglary, etc...are all illegal...yet it has NEVER deterredthe criminals in the least....NEVER!

They don't. They know that they and their fellow criminals can only survive and prosper if all guns are banned out of their victims' hands.

The only thing that deters crime is our guns, so they must be eliminated so WE can be eliminated.
Yeah...You're right...I guess I should have phrased it, "It always amazes me when the antis expectsociety to believe..." My bad :banghead:

Superlite27

imported post

sv51macross wrote:
jpierce wrote:
(although the Daily Show piece hasn't aired yeat :) ).

Ah-ah-ah-ah? Wha...? When did this happen?

I think this was but a jest. The daily show is well known for "interviews" where they then aire the "interview" with edited questions making the "response" sound completely hilarious.

For instance:

Actual interview: "Mr. Gun owner. Why is it good to carry a weapon to protect yourself from criminals?"

Gun owner response: "Well, let's say one approaches youdemanding money. Youhave a chance of deterring them by simply revealing you are armed."

What the Daily show aires is:

Inserted interview question: "Mr. Gun owner. How do you feel about Girl Scouts selling cookies?"

Gun owner response: "Well, let's say one approaches youdemanding money. Youhave a chance of deterring them by simply revealing you are armed."

While amusing, the "interview-ees" usually become the "butt".

At least I hope it was a jibe.

It was, wasn't it?

Lurchiron

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
I was just reading up a little on Paul Helmke...he claims to be a master debater. He master debates every chance he gets. In fact, he master debates at least 3 to 4 times a day :lol:!!!
They don't call him "Hairy Helmet" for nothing :lol::dude::cool:.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If he's such a damn great debater, why hasn't he ever won a debate yet? He just ducks and runs. He doesn't even engage in a debate. You ask, you talk, and he says a bunch of totally unrelated nonsense that is in no way in the same realm.... It's like better enunciated baby talk. Just a bunch of gibberish, then claims victory.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

Damn computers at work!, can't stream anything. Please, somebody post audio clips of these debates.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Next up today: John Pierce vs. Helmke at 2:10 PM Eastern. Santa Monica NPR: http://www.kcrw.com

Listen online at 2:10 PM Eastern at www.KUOW.org

-

See also http://www.kcrw.com/news/programs/tp#today

mydate=new Date('Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:00:00 -0800');mydate=fdDateWithOffset(mydate);document.write( mydate.formatDate('D M j, Y'));
THU MAR 11, 2010
President Obama and the Gun Lobby
Guns are now permitted in some national parks, states have loosened restrictions and gun sales rose last year by 39%. What happened to claims that President Obama would push gun control? Thursday, on To the Point, from coffee houses to the Supreme Court, is the gun lobby winning after all?

Theguy

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
cato wrote:
The shows are archived and it costs $$ to join her 'club' to listen.

Ergh....

Maybe someone can come up with a transcript or something?

PLEASE someone do this, I have to be at school when this is happening (test happy teachers suck-seriously we have a 3 tests every week)

eye95

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

No it wasn't a jibe. Mike and I spent the entire day Monday filming a segment for the Daily Show. Wyatt Cenac did the field interview. They were great guys and we all had a lot of fun. They of course are a comedy show and will have fun with the editing. :)

But they WERE going to do a show on open carry regardless of whether we agreed to do it or not ... so it could have been Mike and I getting lambasted or one of our banned members. We chose us. :)

I am bald, middle aged and overweight and always smile. What better target than me. :)

The show will air a week from today. May God have mercy on my soul! :)

John

Superlite27 wrote:
sv51macross wrote:
jpierce wrote:
(although the Daily Show piece hasn't aired yeat :) ).

Ah-ah-ah-ah? Wha...? When did this happen?

I think this was but a jest. The daily show is well known for "interviews" where they then aire the "interview" with edited questions making the "response" sound completely hilarious.

For instance:

Actual interview: "Mr. Gun owner. Why is it good to carry a weapon to protect yourself from criminals?"

What the Daily show aires is:

Inserted interview question: "Mr. Gun owner. How do you feel about Girl Scouts selling cookies?"

While amusing, the "interview-ees" usually become the "butt".

At least I hope it was a jibe.

It was, wasn't it?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member