• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why gun-control activists are targeting Starbucks

Riana

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen also comply with state law, but they have chosen to prioritize public and employee safety.
I'm so confused... how can they be complying with state law by not allowing carry (which is allowed by state law)??? :uhoh:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen also comply with state law, but they have chosen to prioritize public and employee safety.
I'm so confused... how can they be complying with state law by not allowing carry (which is allowed by state law)??? :uhoh:
I'm still not sure how they have prioritized public and employee safety by turning the place into a shooting gallery.... How does that make it safer for the public and the employees?

Being helpless never made anyone safe.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Speaking of California Pizza Kitchen, that is one of those outfits that thinks they can put ANYTHING on a flat piece of dough and call it "pizza". Sort of like the abominable habit of putting exotic liquiers in a Martini glass and calling it a (fill in the blank) Martini. By those lights, putting a Black Russian in a Martini glass would make it a "Kaluha Martini". I draw the line at "vodka martinis".

In the same vein, for me the pizza line was crossed by "pineapple pizza" :what:CPK has taken that and run with it. No guns? Fine! I wouldn't go into a CPK to watch Beyonce blowing bubbles in the tub.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:

It's simple Riana, State law also provides private businesses to choose between allowing or barring firearms from their premises. These businesses have rights, too.

We all have the right to make choices. Businesses will make choices concerning firearms and so will we, accordingly. As long as we have alternatives we shouldn't fuss too much.

Those businesses that choose to bar firearms will have to live with the potential consequence of experiencing more robberies and assaults against their customers and employees, while the businesses that welcome armed customers will not.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
In the same vein, for me the pizza line was crossed by "pineapple pizza" :what: CPK has taken that and run with it.  No guns? Fine! I wouldn't go into a CPK to watch Beyonce blowing bubbles in the tub.
"Hawaiian" pizzas are old hat.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
I'm still not sure how they have prioritized public and employee safety by turning the place into a shooting gallery.... How does that make it safer for the public and the employees?

They just want everyone to rest in peace six feet underground... and those who go in are suicidal, whether they realize it or not. Gotta love those low insurance premiums if you're a massacre enabler!

And hey, I like pineapple on some of my pizzas...

A ECNALG

imported post

Yes siree ! If Starbucks only had a policy preventing armed people from entering their stores . . . .

http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-238593-starbucks-beach.html
Published: March 10, 2010
Updated: 4:12 p.m.

Photo: Police seeking Starbucks robbery suspect

By JAIMEE LYNN FLETCHER
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

SEAL BEACH– Police have released video stills of a man suspected of robbing Starbucks in hopes the community will help identify and apprehend him.

Police responded to reports of an armed robbery about 8:30 p.m. Feb. 17 at Starbucks in the 2300 block of Seal Beach Boulevard.

A man allegedly entered the store, brandished a fire arm and forced several employees on the floor before emptying the cash register, police said.

There were no customers in the store at the time of the robbery and nobody was injured, police said. An unknown amount of money was taken.

The man is described as Hispanic, six feet tall, from 37 to 50 years of age and 200 to 250 pounds. He fled the store on foot; no vehicle was seen leaving the coffee shop, police said.

Police are asking the public to help identify the man. Anyone with any information can call Detective Gary Krogman of the Seal Beach Police Department at 562-799-4100, ext. 1108.

Contact the writer:[/b] 714-796-7953 or jfletcher@ocregister.com

Deanimator

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Don Barnett wrote:
I suspect Starbucks is considered the "symbol" of Liberal America and their decision "ruffled some feathers"; but that is just my opinion.
This is pretty well known. The patrons of Starbucks were tofu and granola chomping hippies. It was ASSUMED that the company was the same.
That's funny, I LOVE meat, especially venison.

Before this all started, I was a regular at Starbucks. A friend and I used to go there after leaving the range, where we'd talk guns and play "Age of Rifles" on my laptop. After I got my Ohio CHL, I carried concealed every time I was there, and almost always had a firearms related book or periodical of some sort.

And last fall, I saw somebody open carry into the Starbucks which I regularly patronize.

But then this was North Olmsted and Rocky River, Ohio not Chicago or Berkley.

Deanimator

imported post

ixtow wrote:
It makes the place safe for the people whom they WANT to be safe, violent criminals.

They have a soft spot for violent criminals, not their victims, whom they hold in utmost contempt.

UtahProf

imported post

Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
It's a Liberal Thing, you wouldn't understand ;-)

I wonder how many of those 30,000 deaths were the result of legal firearms where the shooter had no criminal record .... probably not many. How has the Brady Legislation reduced the number of handgun deaths? It hasn't - especially among the population i just mentioned. How many people are killed by cigarettes every year? second hand smoke?

My biggest question is how you get a job being paid to write drivel like this?

Alexcabbie

imported post

UtahProf wrote:
Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:

I wonder how many of those 30,000 deaths were the result of legal firearms where the shooter had no criminal record .... probably not many. How has the Brady Legislation reduced the number of handgun deaths? It hasn't - especially among the population i just mentioned. How many people are killed by cigarettes every year? second hand smoke?

Funny you should ask. I write mostly for my own amusement but I am composing a novel - a police procedural set in - not a big anonymous city but the Dayton suburb where I grew up I can PM you what I have so far (second paragraph of the seconc chapter. Best single line so far is where my hero lets his love interest's 14 year old son light off a round from a .44 Magnum and tells him "That's probably how you're gonna feel the night you get your first piece of a$$" ").

Now I haven't been paid for that...yet. But SOMEBODY got paid good money to write this blurb from a Virginia Lottery pamphlet: "CHECK AND SEE if you have any winning tickets from these games. Once the end of the game passes, no tickets from that game will be honored. Even if the prize is 100,000 dollars!!!"

Somebody write that crapola, and got paid to do it. I could have done the same or better. Washoe the Chimp could have done the same or better. But whoever wrote that probably went to college and got a marketing degree.

Writing drivel is in the same league as talking s%&t. It takes a degree for people to take you seriously. Have a high-schol education and talk/write perfect common sense and you will be dismissed out of hand as "uneducated". Get a BA up and write BS and large froups of folks will worship at your word.

Dem's da conditions what pervail.

Lurchiron

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
UtahProf wrote:
Riana wrote:
MetalChris wrote:

Funny you should ask. I write mostly for my own amusement but I am composing a novel - a police procedural set in - not a big anonymous city but the Dayton suburb where I grew up I can PM you what I have so far (second paragraph of the seconc chapter. Best single line so far is where my hero lets his love interest's 14 year old son light off a round from a .44 Magnum and tells him "That's probably how you're gonna feel the night you get your first piece of a$$" ").

Now I haven't been paid for that...yet. But SOMEBODY got paid good money to write this blurb from a Virginia Lottery pamphlet: "CHECK AND SEE if you have any winning tickets from these games. Once the end of the game passes, no tickets from that game will be honored. Even if the prize is 100,000 dollars!!!"

Somebody write that crapola, and got paid to do it. I could have done the same or better. Washoe the Chimp could have done the same or better. But whoever wrote that probably went to college and got a marketing degree.

Writing drivel is in the same league as talking s%&t. It takes a degree for people to take you seriously. Have a high-schol education and talk/write perfect common sense and you will be dismissed out of hand as "uneducated". Get a BA up and write BS and large froups of folks will worship at your word.

Dem's da conditions what pervail.

"Best single line so far is where my hero lets his love interest's 14 year old son light off a round from a .44 Magnum and tells him "That's probably how you're gonna feel the night you get your first piece of a$$" ")."

I was just reminiscing on that, but...I don't remember it beingdeafening or getting flash-blinded; although that muzzleflash...now that was something to remember :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Well,California Pizza Kitchen is personally no big deal to me...I grew up in Chicago so I know what REAL pizza is...the garbage they pass off as pizza at CPK, I wouldn't feed to any of my 3 dogs.

That's really the only thing I miss about Chicago...well, that and the sports...but, at least for now Idon't have to miss it...my wife flew in 6 Lou Malnatti's pizzas, from Chicago,for my birthday present:celebrate!!!

Alexcabbie

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Well,California Pizza Kitchen is personally no big deal to me...I grew up in Chicago so I know what REAL pizza is...the garbage they pass off as pizza at CPK, I wouldn't feed to any of my 3 dogs.

That's really the only thing I miss about Chicago...well, that and the sports...but, at least for now Idon't have to miss it...my wife flew in 6 Lou Malnatti's pizzas, from Chicago,for my birthday present:celebrate!!!
Yeah? Well, as soon as I can get me a time machine I'll go back to 1970 and get a couple pizzas from Cassano's (back when they didn't make them with conveyor belt "ovens"). Seriously, "Dayton Style" vs. "Chicago Style" might be two different things. But one thing I think we can both agree on is that walnuts, pineapple, cocanut, and cinnamon have NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER on anything called "pizza". Fie on CPK. I wouldn't bring my PPK into CPK. (New slogan?)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
"Best single line so far is where my hero lets his love interest's 14 year old son light off a round from a .44 Magnum and tells him "That's probably how you're gonna feel the night you get your first piece of a$$" ")." 

I was just reminiscing on that, but...I don't remember it being deafening or getting flash-blinded; although that muzzleflash...now that was something to remember :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate.
Well, there was shooting involved.

Hah hah.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am greatly appalled by all of your lack of respect for.................................................................

Pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza! I love the stuff. Not as much as a quality meat pizza mind you, but it's a good changeup and pretty tasty. And desert pizza is yummy too.

Carry on! With greasy pineapple-ey fingers.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went to California Pizza Kitchen tonight in San Antonio. There was no "No Firearms Allowed" sign to be seen. I thought they were all supposed to now be gun free zones.

TFred

imported post

Notso wrote:
I went to California Pizza Kitchen tonight in San Antonio. There was no "No Firearms Allowed" sign to be seen. I thought they were all supposed to now be gun free zones.
Texas is not an Open Carry state. Remember these are anti-gun liberals. If they can't see it, it isn't there.

TFred

Batousaii

imported post

--- Again, they prove how sneaky and underhanded they are. I know, it's ye-old HCI, but it is also a Brady Founder statement that makes my point.

A) Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : The Brady Campaign does not advocate banning guns.
Fri at 9:59am 3-12-10

B) "We must get rid of all the guns."
--Sarah Brady, speaking on behalf of Handgun Control Inc
Phil Donahue Show, September 1994

-- If i close my eyes, i believe i am invisible ...................... really ?