• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc carry guy or robber

barronburke

imported post

Wife just told me she went to the gas station down the road from my house and was told by friend that works there, that a man came in a couple days a go and he was open carrying. She stated to him that the store has a no firearms policy and asked him to secure his firearm and then comeback. After that was said he started acting weird so she watched him return to his car, she said he threw something on his seat then she saw him put the firearm in his pants and cover it with his shirt and started to return to the store. She then picked up her phone at the store and was going to call the police the man entered the store and kept walking around in circles, not really looking at anything. So she called police, the man saw her on the phone and then ran out of the store as the police entered the parking lot. They pulled him over a bock away and found the gun still in his waist band. They are guessing that he planned to rob the store but saw her on the phone and got scared. This story is un-confirmed but I have no reason not to believe her. This is weird because he did not try to hide his gun at first. What do you guys or gals think about this story.

AaronS

imported post

barronburke wrote:
Wife just told me she went to the gas station down the road from my house and was told by friend that works there, that a man came in a couple days a go and he was open carrying. She stated to him that the store has a no firearms policy and asked him to secure his firearm and then comeback. After that was said he started acting weird so she watched him return to his car, she said he threw something on his seat then she saw him put the firearm in his pants and cover it with his shirt and started to return to the store. She then picked up her phone at the store and was going to call the police the man entered the store and kept walking around in circles, not really looking at anything. So she called police, the man saw her on the phone and then ran out of the store as the police entered the parking lot. They pulled him over a bock away and found the gun still in his waist band. They are guessing that he planned to rob the store but saw her on the phone and got scared. This story is un-confirmed but I have no reason not to believe her. This is weird because he did not try to hide his gun at first. What do you guys or gals think about this story.

I find it hard to believe that this criminal had his gun on his hip. That's just my thought. If he were going to rob the place, why would he have gone back to his car (as asked by his soon to be victim)?

True or false, bottom line isthat gas station is not safe for you or your wife. If I were you I would try to find a new one that respects your rights. Better yet, try to talk the owner into letting you OC.

barronburke

imported post

Thats what I was thinking. The only reason we go to this one is because its close. We live in a great neighborhood, but that does not matter. I will try and talk to them, but if this is true he may now have even more worries then before.

jmoll9571

imported post

Is this true of not? i couldnt tell you, but that i can tell you is to remember most crimals are f*@ken stupid!!!!:banghead:

barronburke

imported post

jmoll9571 wrote:
Is this true of not? i couldnt tell you, but that i can tell you is to remember most crimals are f*@ken stupid!!!!:banghead:
I have not been able to find out whether this true but yes the police said that they did pull over a man carrying a firearm in his waist band but did not tell me any more.

barronburke

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Has this been posted on the police Blotter?
or is it a made up story?

Nothing against you Barron. But maybe your getting some bad info.
Like I said I cant confirm this. Its never made the news or papers but Im friends with the lady involved, so I dont have a reason not to believe her. But your right I may have been told a fairy tale. From what I have been told there was a man pulled over and he had a firearm in his waistband.

boostintalon96

imported post

I am from the Waukesha area, what gas station did this happen at? If you dont mind me asking.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well if this is true, it looks like the clerk did the right thing by calling the police after seeing him put the gun in his waistband.

M

McX

imported post

not a place to be. from what i read the individ. went from oc to illegal cc, so foul is there and evident. from there just goes with it.

barronburke

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
barronburke wrote:
boostintalon96 wrote:
I am from the Waukesha area, what gas station did this happen at? If you dont mind me asking.
The Speedway on summit ave. across from Horeb park.
Video or i call BS
You can call it it what ever you want, for the last time Im saying this is un-confirmed. My wife was told this by a gas stations clerk that we know, simple as that. Take it for what it is and let this damn thread die. There was no robbery no crime other then this guy carrying concealed and getting caught carrying while driving was just bringing to every ones attention of what I have been told happened at a gas station close to where I live. I live by believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see. But this was a little to close to my home to ignore.