• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portland State Univ and the "Hall incident" ANYONE have word?

We-the-People

imported post

Just found out about the incident with the, apparently nuts, professor (John B. Hall) up at Portland State Univ. Does anyone have any word on the incident? All I can find is old garbage from the liberal rags trying to make him out to be some sort of hero while being largely shy of any facts of any wrong doing by the student.

We-the-People

imported post

Seen that one, I'm still trying to find something that has information on the current status of the investigation, the "greybeards" termination (or not), etc.

KBCraig

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Just found out about the incident with the, apparently nuts, professor (John B. Hall) up at Portland State Univ.
I don't disagree with your characterization of Hall, but it sounds like there was a clash of the nuts.

We-the-People

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
OK seriously, they BOTH sound like a couple complete whack-jobs! Holy hell!
Let's see....student gets permission from instructor to bring firearm to class as part of his presentation. Instructor sits there until the last 15 minutes of class THEN goes bonkers in a personal attack attack upon the student. An attack OBVIOULSY (by the letter to the FBI) which had been pre-meditated. An attack which, had the student actually been a threat, then placed every student in the class at risk. An attack which violates the ethics of the professors office by violating the "free exchange of ideas" which is supposed to take place on campus. An attack which attempted to humiliate a student in front of his peers. An attack which was preceded by the instructor requesting security to violate the students civil rights by conducting a search of the student based solely on the intructors fears that he might be carrying.

PERHAPS he asked for the unlawful search, because the instructorgave permission to bring the AR for the presentation ANDbecause he was afraid that if when he went off on the student in class as he PLANNED, he might have a "problem"?

If the instructor was actually concerned why didn't he file the paperwork that the security people wanted in order to do the search? Perhaps because he, in his small and apparently troubled mind, thought that such a paper trail to him would look bad?

The Prof is a NUT, the student, by his calm and one sentence reply to the Prof as he left, appears to be quite calm, cool, and collected.Too bad the same can't be said of the Prof.