Thread: Live Scenario Workshop

Post imported post

I would really like to set up a "workshop" with some live scenario's where oc'ers can practice wash rinse repeat while being hassled by an actor portraying a leo.

I am willing to put together the program, but i lack the needed space for a gathering.

Does anybody have a good private meeting place in genesee, lapeer, or oakland county? I don't want to meet in a public place like a restaurant, we need something more private. Someones house would be ok, or a meeting hall, or an office, etc.

I personally would like to participate in the roll playing. I think that practicing wash rinse repeat in a somewhat realistic scenario will help make it much easier to stick to the wash rinse repeat program during a real leo encounter.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

I like this idea! I will attend if circumstances permit.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

As I have said elsewhere, based on my own personal experiences, and watching those of others on tape, I do not believe this method holds up in real situations. It is too complicated, and it has failed many times. So I do not believe that a meeting based on it is worth doing.

I know I rant about it a lot, but I firmly believe that the ONLY question or statement that should ever be made to a hostile officer in an OC situation is "am I being detained?"

No means leave, yes or anything that might be a yes means call 911, or if you're like Lapeer and don't believe in that, perhaps call your lawyer, or even porcupine 411. Whatever you do, DON'T keep talking. Talking other than asking if you are being detained will open you up to verbally abusive intimidation tactics, and if you aren't experienced with this, they can play you like a piano. Wash rinse repeat falls under the false premise that you can talk your way out of a stop.

I am all for practicing, but truth be told, I don't know that it would do any good. A dedicated policy of clamming up when questioned by the cops is all you need. It is rough, being detained for 20 minutes or an hour while being screamed at and belittled, and having a great many rights trampled on. But all you need to do is keep quiet. Practicing this would basically constitute us standing around while screaming at each other like DI's. I can think of a lot more fun things that we can do together. Like going to the Pit, or cleaning up litter.

However, if anyone can think of a useful way to practice this, I would be willing to participate.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

i didn't think that wash, rinse, repeat was so controversial.

getting an abusive officer to admit that you are being detained for carrying a gun is powerful stuff. Having a recording of you not consenting to any searches or seizures is also important.

It keeps the officer from lying later on about why he stopped you, or saying that you consented to him searching you and running the numbers on your pistol.

Then stop talking

As an alternative, I will agree that not talking at all is also a good tactic with an abusive officer.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

In principle it's a good idea, but it's not like consent is implied if you don't give any.

Personally, I would be telling the 911 operator about how I am being stopped against my will, and how I don't consent to any of the actions. The cop doesn't need to know these things, because I've never seen it make a difference if the cop is detaining you. But in case it matters, he or she'd hear it anyway on when you are talking to 911.

I suppose I can see running through these things for practice doing some good, particularly for those who haven't experienced a stop before. But if we're going to do it, we should have no less than 2 MP's, DI's, or regular cops, current or retired to do the simulated stops.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I could do some workshops with you guys on the teamspeak, as far as lots of curveballs to see how you guys handle a LEO giving you a hard time.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

See if Gander Mountain in your area will let you run the seminar in their conference room.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."