Thread: Detroit's Fox News spotlights Michigan Open Carry Inc. and upcoming public OC seminar in Utica, MI

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...open-carry-law

Awesome news coverage!

See more on public seminar in Utica, MI at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/38497.html

Post imported post

Thanks Mike, It is great to see Michigan highlighted in a positive manner and for us to get some coverage on the OCDO homepage.

Great Job to everyone who OC's in Michigan :celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's amazing how much traffic our MI open carry site has seen as a result of this news story.

Good news all around.

Post imported post

Gentlemen,

Very positive but can youclarify something for me please? The report says "Some cities have passed or are looking to pass laws making it illegal to carry a gun openly, but [/i]Michigan[/i] law says its okay."[/i] In another part of the report it states that those cities that have passed a law banning open carry, the law was over turned.[/i]

Are there any Cities that ban open carry? If so which ones and which ones are trying to ban it?

It's as clear as mud, which I am sure, was the intent but I just want to make sure of the law.

Thank you,

Post imported post

sky2water wrote:
    Gentlemen,

Very positive but can youclarify something for me please? The report says "Some cities have passed or are looking to pass laws making it illegal to carry a gun openly, but Michigan law says its okay." In another part of the report it states that those cities that have passed a law banning open carry, the law was over turned.

Are there any Cities that ban open carry? If so which ones and which ones are trying to ban it?

It's as clear as mud, which I am sure, was the intent but I just want to make sure of the law.

Thank you,
    No cities in MI can ban OC due to the MI 1990 Preemption Law. There are some cities who have old stuff for banning OC on the books, which are completely unenforceable and many have now been changed.

C'mon over to the MI Forum: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

sky2water wrote:
    [/i]

I have not heard of any cities or towns attempting to pass an ordinance (unenforcable of course) against carrying in any manner. It doesn't mean that some may have not done so but I have not heard of any doing it, especially in Wayne County.

Most of the laws that people discovered were passed well over 20 years ago and as a poster mentioned, a lot of them were repealed due to them being unenforcable.

Post imported post

dont forget about this. It SHOULDNT be on the 3rd page!

Post imported post

It is possible the reporter was speaking about Eastpointe City council simply requesting their lawyer to see if OC/CC is legal in city council chambers. One of the councilman said during a meeting he'd like to ban it if possible. We all know it's not possible, so no fear.