• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit's Fox News spotlights Michigan Open Carry Inc. and upcoming public OC seminar in Utica, MI

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Thanks Mike, It is great to see Michigan highlighted in a positive manner and for us to get some coverage on the OCDO homepage.

Great Job to everyone who OC's in Michigan :celebrate

sky2water

imported post

Gentlemen,

Very positive but can youclarify something for me please? The report says "Some cities have passed or are looking to pass laws making it illegal to carry a gun openly, but [/i]Michigan[/i] law says its okay."[/i] In another part of the report it states that those cities that have passed a law banning open carry, the law was over turned.[/i]

Are there any Cities that ban open carry? If so which ones and which ones are trying to ban it?

It's as clear as mud, which I am sure, was the intent but I just want to make sure of the law.

Thank you,

PDinDetroit

imported post

sky2water wrote:
Gentlemen,

Very positive but can youclarify something for me please? The report says "Some cities have passed or are looking to pass laws making it illegal to carry a gun openly, but Michigan law says its okay." In another part of the report it states that those cities that have passed a law banning open carry, the law was over turned.

Are there any Cities that ban open carry? If so which ones and which ones are trying to ban it?

It's as clear as mud, which I am sure, was the intent but I just want to make sure of the law.

Thank you,
No cities in MI can ban OC due to the MI 1990 Preemption Law. There are some cities who have old stuff for banning OC on the books, which are completely unenforceable and many have now been changed.

C'mon over to the MI Forum: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/

Jared

imported post

sky2water wrote:
[/i]

I have not heard of any cities or towns attempting to pass an ordinance (unenforcable of course) against carrying in any manner. It doesn't mean that some may have not done so but I have not heard of any doing it, especially in Wayne County.

Most of the laws that people discovered were passed well over 20 years ago and as a poster mentioned, a lot of them were repealed due to them being unenforcable.

scot623

imported post

It is possible the reporter was speaking about Eastpointe City council simply requesting their lawyer to see if OC/CC is legal in city council chambers. One of the councilman said during a meeting he'd like to ban it if possible. We all know it's not possible, so no fear.