• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you are thinking about open carrying.....

CUOfficer

imported post

I just met the La Crosse area gentlemen at Starbucks this morning and OC'ed for the first time. They are very welcoming and full of knowledge. If you are reading this forum and thinking about giving it a try, I recommend meeting with experienced OC'ers!

I will admit though, I was a little nervous and my hands were shaking a bit when I payed for my coffee!!! :shock:

All in all, it was very informative and just may have given me the encouragement to start doing it more and informing others! Thanks guys!

Serpent

imported post

It was a pleasure to meet you this morning. We're always happy to welcome new OCers. I hope we helped you feel more comfortable. I'm looking forward to seeing you out and about again soon.

AaronS

imported post

My first few times in a store were about as bad for me as well. The shaking hands was a real problem for me. I was afraid people might think I was going to rob them...

Today, I don't even think about it much. Now it is just a tool to me, as it should be.

Stick with it, and it will become second nature.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went to Best Buy - Open Carried for 50th time yesterday & bought a bunch of DVD's

This time, no one even glanced at it , I even had to ask a associate to help me look for a few movies on his store computer.......it was like I was a normal joe blow customer...:)

Enphyniti

imported post

What about non-residents? I conceal and carry in MN, but my brother lives in Madison. I *really* miss my gun when I am visiting. Where's the best plain english resource for OC laws in WI?

I'm always nervous because it seems like WI LE is more severe with MN residents vs. local residents.

Thoughts?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Enphyniti wrote:
What about non-residents? I conceal and carry in MN, but my brother lives in Madison. I *really* miss my gun when I am visiting. Where's the best plain english resource for OC laws in WI?

I'm always nervous because it seems like WI LE is more severe with MN residents vs. local residents.

Thoughts?

I encourage you to read this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.html

(Cars, Bars, Government Bldgs, State Parks, School Zones) after that you should be fine.