• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recruit a friend day

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I recently met back up with a girl who I knew well in high school. She has since gotten engaged and had 2 girls. Eventually we got to talking about her current neighbor hood, South bends west/SW side. And she tells me she cant have a big dog or anything. To which i respond you have to feed and walk dogs daily , you just need to clean and oil a gun weekly/biweekly/monthly.

Since she lives in IN getting a PL license is only slightly more intrusive then it should be. I leave her and her fiance to sort out the IN forms, though i said the local Sheriff Dept. would be able to tell them more.

About a week later she calls me and asks if a 22 revolver would be enough power? Needless to say we schedule a time to go to a local range/store.

We get there and start talking 380 +p and up. The guy at the store kept answering the questions i was posing to her. IE. where are you going to carry, not going to carry, where are you going to carry on your person, simple but important questions. She has no problem CCing but is hesitant to OC. I some what agree because of her neighbor hood, but i told her 1 or 2 times of OCing and whenver she isnt, they'll most likely assume shes CCing at the time.

Women and OCing, any for it, anyone against it?

Shes between the LCR, and a fullsize: Taurus,Sig250, Glock,Ruger in 40 S&W.

After all the attempts to get women to take up arms in the defense of there children,or themselves at least one sees that it is in HER best interest to stay safe. Now if only my own sister would listen!

Anyone else have good "recruitment" stories? When you personally introduce someone to firearms, you can make sure safety is the #1 priority from the get go.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i love girls that OC

look at the top of OCDO,theres more girls up there OC'ing than guys....2 guys and 7 girls,incl. the 2 children.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Yooperlady knew about guns and even shot a couple a time or two but only a time or two in her entire life.

Then she met me and now carries concealed almost every day... everywhere legal.... and carries openly on occasion.

When she was considering carrying a gun she thought carrying a gun to protect her life wasn't very high priority. Then I asked her if she would protect her grandchildren from a predator. Her emphatic "YES!" came without hesitation. I then asked her what good she would be to her grandchildren if some predator killed her?

That did it.

lil_freak_66

imported post

except that one that was at walmart in the flip flops and sweat pants...she wasnt a cute 20 something blonde...probably mid 40s and wrinkled