• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Running Pro-Open Carry Online Petition Collecting 000,000s Signatures

TatankaGap

imported post

Just read this in a Cincinnati paper:

"The Brady Campaign also has an online petition calling for Starbucks to reverse its corporate policy, telling them, “Espresso shots, not gunshots.” Currently, there are more than 26,000 signatures on the petition."

They keep the posting online and all the press sends antis to their site and they sign the petition - we don't have a pro open carry in retail shops online petition and we should so it can be mentioned in the press and so it can gather 10 signatures for each anti signature on Brady's petition -

As press follows it, if Brady's numbers start going up to 50,000 signers and if there is not pro-open carry online petition number to match it, some politicians will think they have support for passing anti-open carry laws -

Let's nip it in the bud....

Can Open Carry.org sponsor an online petition we can all get behind and start spreading the word?

zack991

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
on line petitions are free, go to http://petitiononline.com/and start one up.

I personally dont give much credence to on line petitions, too easy to fake names and dont really hold any water. More like a feel good maneuver
This. your better off having a printable form and go door to door for signatures.

TatankaGap

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

I personally dont give much credence to on line petitions, too easy to fake names and dont really hold any water. More like a feel good maneuver
If OpenCarry.org set up this petition and publicized it here, and if it were part of the press outreach and press releases, it would provide a place for pro-2A people to go as the antis at the same time they read those same news reports are going to Brady's website.

Without some online petition to just rack up numbers of support, we are losing a lever in the public media - there is always a line about how many people have signed the Brady petition so far. What we need is the balanced line to follow that shows how many have signed the online Open Carry petition -

Whatever the most effective way to make this happen is, let it be so.

Paper and door to door costs a fortune unless you're Ralph Nader and have that grass roots network already in place Nationwide -

zack991

imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

If OpenCarry.org set up this petition and publicized it here, and if it were part of the press outreach and press releases, it would provide a place for pro-2A people to go as the antis at the same time they read those same news reports are going to Brady's website.

Without some online petition to just rack up numbers of support, we are losing a lever in the public media - there is always a line about how many people have signed the Brady petition so far. What we need is the balanced line to follow that shows how many have signed the online Open Carry petition -

Whatever the most effective way to make this happen is, let it be so.

Paper and door to door costs a fortune unless you're Ralph Nader and have that grass roots network already in place Nationwide -
If one was created where it was a little more secure then I would sigh it.

Superlite27

imported post

Just a personal opinion (feel free to have your own) but, I could care less about some fancy petition.

The Brady's went through a bunch of work to craft some misguided list of folks who are scared of guns.

Starbucks completely ignored it.

What a non-event.

I don't feel the need to contribute my time and energy to compete with the Brady's in crafting our own non-event. Just because the Brady's come up with some useless scheme, why shoud I mirror them and come up with a copycat useless scheme just to compete?

I choose to use my time to offer arguments and comment on articles in order to actively provide a valid argument instead of just a name on a form. To me, making sarcastic points in online articles is both a fun and creative way to take pot-shots at illogical anti-gun rants.

Just a name on a form doesn't really do it for me. Sorry.

TatankaGap

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Just a personal opinion...Just a name on a form doesn't really do it for me. Sorry.
I feel the same way but just having 50,000 people sign the pro lawful carry petition and making that part of the press releases gives the press writers a balancing fact to stick with the fact they have from Brady's press release that 26,000 people have now signed.

Yes, it's a worthless fact but it does strike a chord in the public mind when they read these articles - it makes it seem like Brady's on to something when in reality they are not -

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My personal opinion would be rather than to go the petition route, work with polls.

Laura Ingrams has one on her website that was looking reeeealy good in our favor.

http://www.lauraingraham.com/site

Scroll down for the poll.

Q: You are in Starbucks when you see someone carrying a gun on his belt. What's your reaction?
I feel safer--Guns deter violence! - 38%
I feel less safe--Who needs a gun to drink coffee? - 11% <---Significant minority
Who cares? I have mine with me too! - 51%