Thread: Alexandria OC?

Post imported post

Hey everyone first post been a looker for a few days I like the place so I joined

Anyway I hardly ever see anyone OC in alexandria, and I was wondering if anyone does OC around here besides me?

Also was wondering if anyone was interested in possible pick up trash while OC'ing, so the public sees good stuff =P

Anyone live near alexandria?

I filed for my CHP last week so the hurry up and wait starts!!

I have a S&W M&P but looking to trade it for a G19 =P

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Glocker9 wrote:
    Hey everyone first post been a looker for a few days I like the place so I joined

Anyway I hardly ever see anyone OC in alexandria, and I was wondering if anyone does OC around here besides me?

Also was wondering if anyone was interested in possible pick up trash while OC'ing, so the public sees good stuff =P

Anyone live near alexandria?

I filed for my CHP last week so the hurry up and wait starts!!

I have a S&W M&P but looking to trade it for a G19 =P
    Welcome to the forum. Plenty of people carry in Alexandria.. just use the message board search function and you can find many threads talking about Alexandria.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I saw someone OC down in Alex last Saturday at Starbucks on King and Union....

Post imported post

Glocker9 wrote:

I hardly ever see anyone OC, and I know of several members who live within 10 miles of here.

Post imported post

I OC every chance I get in Alexandria.

I like to OC when my motorcycle club has lunches on Mondays in Crystal City.

So far, Legal Seafood, CCR (I know, but hey its a motorcycle club), and the Mongolian place that lets you pick your own items and amounts and cooks it right in front of you. Oh, and Chili's.

I also OC all over Falls Church.

Oh, Welcome!

Carl

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Glocker9 wrote:

I hardly ever see anyone OC, and I know of several members who live within 10 miles of here.
    Probably a few of us depending on what time. I showed the video clip of channel 4 I was on to my coworkers and they looked at me and said of course they wouldn't question you. You look like a cop. I sure as hell hope not I am getting too much belly fat. I hope the cops are in better shape then me.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

In Alexandria when I have to go there.

The second part of your question -- OC trash pick up. There is one group out in the far western part of the county. I've worked with them once, and will again as schedules permit.

I was just thinking yesterday how cool it would be to do a section of US1 or GW Parkway, but I haven't the time to do the coordination. I'd participate if you're interested in coordinating.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    In Alexandria when I have to go there.

The second part of your question -- OC trash pick up. There is one group out in the far western part of the county. I've worked with them once, and will again as schedules permit.

I was just thinking yesterday how cool it would be to do a section of US1 or GW Parkway, but I haven't the time to do the coordination. I'd participate if you're interested in coordinating.
    If I can get a few people interested then yeah I dont mind to coordinate it.

Never done it but sure it cant be rocket science

Post imported post

I have seen at least two or three people OC'ing in Old Town, one of them more than once. On Saturday mornings, at that.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Glocker9 wrote:

Last night I saw a man OCing walking up King st at about 9 PM.

OC is common there, especially at the restaurants.

. . . And, just wait till you all see the Daily Show next week

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Glocker9 wrote:

Last night I saw a man OCing walking up King st at about 9 PM.

OC is common there, especially at the restaurants.

. . . And, just wait till you all see the Daily Show next week
    daily show?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Glocker9 wrote:
    daily show?
    Shhhhhhh.

Post imported post

I oc in Alexandria, places like Harris Teeter on duke frequently, sometimes on the waterfront on nice days, various restaurants, etc. Hope to see you around.

Post imported post

I must just miss everyone who OC's lol!!!

Do any of you have a problem OC'ing in Alexandria so far no one has gave me any problems at all

Post imported post

You'd have seen it posted here if any members had issues, believe me!
    Most of the NoVA police departments have gotten a pretty good education on OC over the past few years. Not to say you won't run into an issue now and then, but generally not.

Post imported post

I OC in Old Town fairly often myself. Typically moreso once it gets warmer outside. But I have never seen anyone else OCing there either. But I know that many people do.

Post imported post

There have been problems with Alexandria cops in the past few years, but that's pretty much all settled down, now that it's become widely known among NOVA police departments.

One day I was walking along Union St. near the Torpedo Factory Starbucks and there was a guy standing next to his motorcycle talking to a cop in a casual conversation. He was OC'ing and nobody seemed to care. So was I, and nobody noticed me, either.

Post imported post

I'm staying on king st temporarily and haven't seen anyone yet. You guys don't really exist

Post imported post

Milbars wrote:
    I'm staying on king st temporarily and haven't seen anyone yet. You guys don't really exist
    Keep a eye out for me tuesday Ill roll by for ya and say hi

if you want come out and say hi to or just :what: or you can come out and :celebrate or you can because I like to carry or you can just do most of what some people do

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Milbars wrote:
    I've been wanting to set up a meetup in this end of the county.

How long is temporary? Have you found places you like to eat? I'm not very familiar with Old Town, but I'd love to have a get-together soon. I've OC'd there, but not in a restaurant.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Milbars wrote:
    I've been wanting to set up a meetup in this end of the county.

How long is temporary? Have you found places you like to eat? I'm not very familiar with Old Town, but I'd love to have a get-together soon. I've OC'd there, but not in a restaurant.
    a good place to eat with spending a lot of money or just a decent amount? You have to be specific a lot of places in old town are great to eat at but are expensive.

I live in old town so I know

A good place to eat that is fairly priced would be Hard times cafe I think its called, Have not OC'd there but would not be opposed to it let me know if you want to go Im good for tuesday

Post imported post

Austin Grill is reasonably priced and it's on King St. Don't know if they are really OC-friendly or not. I OC'd there once or twice but I was wearing my NAA mini-revolver, which most people never notice. Hard Times is up the street from that.

Post imported post

I've OC'd there several times. Cosi has really good and relatively inexpensive food and is very OC friendly. I go there all the time with my laptop to drink coffee, eat lunch and do some research.

I've also OC'd at Chipotle. No problems.

I've OC'd at Pat Troys numerous times without problems.

I have OC'd at a pizza buffet down by the torpedo factory and didn't have any problems with the staff but the young couple sitting next to me didn't have anything nice to say.

Surprisingly....Old Town has been nothing but respectful. The merchants, cops and pedestrians.

Post imported post

I'm in the area until probably Thursday. I'm at the King St/Leesburg Pike area.

Post imported post

Southside Restaurant? Good food. I OC there occasionally.