• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alexandria OC?

Ruderpinne

imported post

Hey everyone first post been a looker for a few days I like the place so I joined :lol:

Anyway I hardly ever see anyone OC in alexandria, and I was wondering if anyone does OC around here besides me?

Also was wondering if anyone was interested in possible pick up trash while OC'ing, so the public sees good stuff =P

Anyone live near alexandria?

I filed for my CHP last week so the hurry up and wait starts!!

I have a S&W M&P but looking to trade it for a G19 =P

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Glocker9 wrote:
Hey everyone first post been a looker for a few days I like the place so I joined :lol:

Anyway I hardly ever see anyone OC in alexandria, and I was wondering if anyone does OC around here besides me?

Also was wondering if anyone was interested in possible pick up trash while OC'ing, so the public sees good stuff =P

Anyone live near alexandria?

I filed for my CHP last week so the hurry up and wait starts!!

I have a S&W M&P but looking to trade it for a G19 =P

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of people carry in Alexandria.. just use the message board search function and you can find many threads talking about Alexandria.

Ed

nova

imported post

Glocker9 wrote:

I hardly ever see anyone OC, and I know of several members who live within 10 miles of here. :lol:

t11spanner

imported post

I OC every chance I get in Alexandria.

I like to OC when my motorcycle club has lunches on Mondays in Crystal City.

So far, Legal Seafood, CCR (I know, but hey its a motorcycle club), and the Mongolian place that lets you pick your own items and amounts and cooks it right in front of you. Oh, and Chili's.

I also OC all over Falls Church.

Oh, Welcome!

Carl

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

nova wrote:
Glocker9 wrote:

I hardly ever see anyone OC, and I know of several members who live within 10 miles of here. :lol:
Probably a few of us depending on what time. I showed the video clip of channel 4 I was on to my coworkers and they looked at me and said of course they wouldn't question you. You look like a cop. I sure as hell hope not I am getting too much belly fat. I hope the cops are in better shape then me.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In Alexandria when I have to go there.

The second part of your question -- OC trash pick up. There is one group out in the far western part of the county. I've worked with them once, and will again as schedules permit.

I was just thinking yesterday how cool it would be to do a section of US1 or GW Parkway, but I haven't the time to do the coordination. I'd participate if you're interested in coordinating.

Ruderpinne

imported post

Tess wrote:
In Alexandria when I have to go there.

The second part of your question -- OC trash pick up. There is one group out in the far western part of the county. I've worked with them once, and will again as schedules permit.

I was just thinking yesterday how cool it would be to do a section of US1 or GW Parkway, but I haven't the time to do the coordination. I'd participate if you're interested in coordinating.

If I can get a few people interested then yeah I dont mind to coordinate it.

Never done it but sure it cant be rocket science

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Glocker9 wrote:

Last night I saw a man OCing walking up King st at about 9 PM.

OC is common there, especially at the restaurants.

. . . And, just wait till you all see the Daily Show next week :cool:

Ruderpinne

imported post

Mike wrote:
Glocker9 wrote:

Last night I saw a man OCing walking up King st at about 9 PM.

OC is common there, especially at the restaurants.

. . . And, just wait till you all see the Daily Show next week :cool:

daily show?

Jonesy

imported post

I oc in Alexandria, places like Harris Teeter on duke frequently, sometimes on the waterfront on nice days, various restaurants, etc. Hope to see you around.

Ruderpinne

imported post

I must just miss everyone who OC's lol!!!

Do any of you have a problem OC'ing in Alexandria so far no one has gave me any problems at all

zoom6zoom

imported post

You'd have seen it posted here if any members had issues, believe me!
Most of the NoVA police departments have gotten a pretty good education on OC over the past few years. Not to say you won't run into an issue now and then, but generally not.

richarcm

imported post

I OC in Old Town fairly often myself. Typically moreso once it gets warmer outside. But I have never seen anyone else OCing there either. But I know that many people do.

Tomahawk

imported post

There have been problems with Alexandria cops in the past few years, but that's pretty much all settled down, now that it's become widely known among NOVA police departments.

One day I was walking along Union St. near the Torpedo Factory Starbucks and there was a guy standing next to his motorcycle talking to a cop in a casual conversation. He was OC'ing and nobody seemed to care. So was I, and nobody noticed me, either.

Ruderpinne

imported post

Milbars wrote:
I'm staying on king st temporarily and haven't seen anyone yet. You guys don't really exist ;)

Keep a eye out for me tuesday Ill roll by for ya and say hi

if you want come out and say hi to or just :what: or you can come out and :celebrate or you can :cuss: because I like to carry or you can just do most of what some people do :question:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Milbars wrote:
I'm staying on king st temporarily and haven't seen anyone yet. You guys don't really exist ;)
I've been wanting to set up a meetup in this end of the county.

How long is temporary? Have you found places you like to eat? I'm not very familiar with Old Town, but I'd love to have a get-together soon. I've OC'd there, but not in a restaurant.