Thread: Evansville, WI Gun Show This Weekend

Post imported post

Wanted to know if there were any members coming to the upcoming gun show in Evansville at the Red Barn this weekend. If so, I'd like to meet some of you and bounce some questions off of you.

Let me know. Thanks

Post imported post

Is it OC friendly? I plan on going to Waukesha in the evening Sat, but I could swing out that way earlier.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Post imported post

I just meant going to the show in general.I am unaware if E-Ville is OC friendly. However, I do plan to find out.

Post imported post

Sec. 82-372. Carrying firearms.
    (a)Prohibition. No person shall, within the city, carry any firearm upon his person unless such firearm is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.
    (b)Exceptions. Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
    (1)Any person carrying any firearm upon privately owned property with the consent of the owner or lessee, or the authorized agent of either.
    (2)Licensed merchants, gunsmiths and common carriers engaged in transporting or delivering unloaded firearms as merchandise.
    (3)Any government employee authorized or required by his employment or office to carry or use firearms.
    (4)Any person having a valid permit issued to him by lawful authority to carry or use firearms.
    (5)Any person while lawfully hunting game.
    (6)Any person excepted under Wis. Stats. § 167.31(4)(a).
    (Code 1986, § 9.02(3))

Post imported post

Can a city ordinance supersede the state constitution?

No big deal. I'll leave it at home.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

oak1971 wrote:
    That depends on what 'is' is or, in this case, can can.

Wisc. Stats. sub-chapter 66.0409 says no and list the exceptions.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
    Sec. 82-372. Carrying firearms.
    (a)Prohibition. No person shall, within the city, carry any firearm upon his person unless such firearm is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.
    (b)Exceptions. Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
    (1)Any person carrying any firearm upon privately owned property with the consent of the owner or lessee, or the authorized agent of either.
    (2)Licensed merchants, gunsmiths and common carriers engaged in transporting or delivering unloaded firearms as merchandise.
    (3)Any government employee authorized or required by his employment or office to carry or use firearms.
    (4)Any person having a valid permit issued to him by lawful authority to carry or use firearms.
    (5)Any person while lawfully hunting game.
    (6)Any person excepted under Wis. Stats. § 167.31(4)(a).
    (Code 1986, § 9.02(3))
    Pursuant to state statute 66.0409(4)(b)
    (b) If a political subdivision has in effect on November 17, 1995, an ordinance or resolution that regulates the sale, purchase, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permitting, registration or taxation of any firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, and the ordinance or resolution is not the same as or similar to a state statute, the ordinance or resolution shall have no legal effect and the political subdivision may not enforce the ordinance or resolution on or after November 18, 1995.

82-372(a) is null, void, unenforceable. Send a letter to your city council/village whatever and ask them to remove the old 14 and 1/2 old junk from the ordinances.

Carry On.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

oak1971 wrote:

No big deal. I'll leave it at home.
    There are only five places restricted by state law (Cars, Bars, Government Buildings, State Parks, School Zones). See this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.html

Otherwise, carry everywhere possible whenever possible.

Post imported post

Is the Red Barn a restaurant? If so, what size gun show can there be in such a small space? Who is sponsoring the gun show there?
    The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

So is that actually Evansville's law? If it is, I think we need to get ahold of some people and get it junked.

BTW, Red Barn actually is a half-way decent show. We're going to be at the restaurant near the Red Barn at 8am Saturday if anyone wants to meet up let me know so we can keep our eyes open.

Post imported post

I just checked the map, it's bit farther out than I planned. My poor dog would be in his kennel all day.